2 🥀

"Daddy, whose this?" Five year old Venus held up a unfamiliar picture of a woman she's never seen before.

Kantos immediately grabbed the picture away from his daughter "where did you find this?" He wondered.

Venus looked down at her shoes jittering with her fingers not wanting to admit where she had found the picture.

Kantos couldn't help but smile at his innocent daughter. He bent down to her level and picked her head up "did you go in the room I told you not to go into?"

Venus huffed realizing she had been caught "yes but I was just so bored daddy. Is she my mommy?" She asked with a look of curiosity.

Kantos sighed "yes, she is."

"What happened to her? Did she not want me anymore?" Venus' mind clouded up with questions.

Kantos knew that this time would come where he would have to explain this to her "no sweetheart, it's not that your mommy didn't want you. She just got really sick a few days after your born and got sent to heaven, where she watches you. But I don't want you to worry about it princess because as long as I'm alive I'll always be here for you."

"Hmm," Venus thought "do you picky promise?"

Kantos laughed lowly sticking his finger out "I pinky promise."
_________________

New York City, Present day

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

New York City, Present day

"Good evening Miss Valdez, great to have you back." Venus' driver, Murphy, greeted as he held the door open to her limo.

Venus returned the smile as she removed her sunglasses from her eyes placing them on her forehead "hello to you too Murphy, I would say it's good to be back but I'd probably be lying."

She then handed Murphy all her bags and suitcases and hopped inside the black Escalade. "You didn't tell my father I was here right?" Venus raised her eyebrow as she spoke to Murphy who was placing her bags in the trunk.

"Now why would I do such thing?" Murphy chuckled "don't worry Ms. Valdez I promise to keep your arrival a secret."

"Oh you won't have to worry about that," Venus waved him off "it won't be a secret for long."

When Murphy began making his trip towards Venus' new penthouse, Venus pulled out her phone and shot a quick text to her long term friend Remi.

"I have a surprise for you Ms.Valdez." Murphy spoke smiling at her through the mirror.

Murphy had been her personal driver for the longest when she was living in New York. Since her dad was always gone Venus would often be left home with nannies and would call Murphy whenever she wanted to get out of the house. There were plenty of times where Murphy would risk his job by taking Venus to places that her father would never allow her to go without a bunch of security. Kantos was overly protective of her and Murphy was there to make sure Venus still got a chance to have a regular childhood and Venus was always thankful for that.