12 🥀

16 year old Venus shuffled through her fathers files on his desk office unknowingly to him.

Remi nervously looked behind at the door every five minutes "alright Venus hurry up before somebody catches us. You know your father don't want us to be in here, we could get in trouble."

"I don't care Remi." Venus rolled her eyes "your always being scary. Have some guts."

"Well your father is a scary man." Remi tried to reason with her.

"Not to me." Venus shrugged coninuing to look through the pictures and documents.

Remi crossed her arms taking another look at the door, "what are in here for anyway?"

"I told you. To find out more information on my mother. I'm telling you, something isn't adding up. My father told me she died at the hospital, but I have reasons to think other wise." Venus explained.

Remi sighed deciding she would just loosen up and help her friend at least find something. While opening up a few papers Remi finally found a news paper article. "Um Venus.. you might wanna come take a look at this."

Venus squinted her eyes looking at the news paper article " 34 year Michael Brooks has turned himself for the murder of.." Venus paused "wait this can't be right."

"What?" Remi leaned closer trying to get a better glimpse of the article. "Tara Valdez." She read out loud.

A single tear shed from Venus eyes as she bawled her fist in anger "he lied to me." She whispered.
______________________

New York City, Present day

"Girl I told you, I'm not going to that damn club. It probably won't even be open long." Kori shrugged gathering her empty wrappers preparing to throw them in the trash.

Her and Bailey where currently sitting down at the mall food court. Everyone across campus was talking about the opening of club light.

Bailey looked up to see a group of guys that went to their school walk in the food court. It looked as if they were passing out flyers, most likely for the grand opening. Bailey recognized them from the track team that she was on as well. "Don't look now but it's a group of boys from the track team walking over here right now." She whispered making Kori sigh.

She hated going out in public without Knox for this very reason. People thought it was okay to approach her at any moment of the day assuming that she was single.

"Aye I got this one y'all go ahead and pass out the rest." Kori heard a familiar voice speak from behind her before taking a seat at their table along with somebody else.