10 🥀

"You ever thought about having a girlfriend Pierre?" 14 year old Venus wondered while they ate their afternoon shack.

Pierre looked around the scenery making sure his uncle wasn't around. "You know if Oscar catches us talking about this he's going to make us do 50 laps around the building."

Venus smiled as she continued "so I guess that's a no huh?"

"What a minute I never said that." Pierre denied.

"You didn't have to. Your so afraid of your uncle that you don't even want to think about having a girlfriend." Venus teased him knowing it would make him mad.

"That's not true Venus I've had plenty of girlfriends in Charlotte are you forgetting I'm older than you?" He reminded her

"So." Venus shrugged.

"So that means I'm not as childish as you, and I'm certainly not afraid of Oscar. I'm more afraid of you." Pierre moved his chair away from her.

"I'm not childish." Venus moved her chair back closer.

"Yes you are and your making me uncomfortable." Pierre got up from his chair.

"Why? I don't like you or anything if that's what your thinking."  Venus made sure to add.

"So why do you keep asking me if I have a girlfriend?" He asked in confusion.

"Because I wanted you to tell me about her, I mean that's if you had one. My father never really taught me about boys or anything so I don't really know how to act around them. Sorry if that makes me weird I was just curious." She looked down in embarrassment.

Pierre felt bad sitting back down in his chair. "Well what do you want to know Venus?"

Venus smiled lifting her held back up. "Well, how do I know when a guy likes me? And what do I have to do to be a good girlfriend? Is there a certain way I have to act? My father has a girlfriend but she's boring and does everything he asks him to do like she's a slave. Is that what I'm suppose to do?"

Pierre chuckled. "Well let me stop you right there Venus. You don't have to act a certain way to get a guy to like you. They should be able to like you for you. Now as for knowing when a guy likes you, well I guess that just depends on how he behaves around you."

"What do you mean?" Venus scrunched up her face.

"Well if his nervous around you, stares at you a lot, smiles when he see you, and remember small things about you than there's a chance he likes you."

Venus nodded learning the new information. "Thanks Pierre, I'll keep that in mind whenever someone decides to ask me on a date. If any guy will ever." She chuckled going back to eating her snack
____________________

" She chuckled going back to eating her snack____________________