⌠𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒾𝓍⌡

»»————- ♔ ————-««

»»————- ♔ ————-««

manburg

it came as a shock to fundy when niki had come up to him with a book in hand, addressed to him. he had believed that the shot he heard and the silence meant that his mother figure was gone. he had stopped what he was doing (taking down the flag) and had gone to his home to read it.

he decided he was immensely glad to hear from his mum, but not so glad to hear about his father. he wished he didn't believe the displays of affection expressed by his literary inclined mother figure. he knew that she cared for him enough to allow him to call her his mum, but these words meant more to him as he found himself tearing up and droplets falling across his face and onto the pages.

his heart ached upon getting to her talking about the docks and he unknowingly jeered himself in the direction to it in his house. he really missed his mother more than anything right now, and he felt almost horrible.

almost, if it had not been for his father.

he felt disgraceful about complying with his president's orders so willingly enough to prove himself to someone of a higher power that held the same position his father once did.

he felt forlorn for tearing down the walls that were built around him with the purpose of protection that now was unsealed and ready for anyone to come to harm.

he felt harrowing, most of all. he had, without a second thought, begun to tear down the very flag that his most admirable and splendiferous mother figure had helped fabricate. the same mother who, as he was stressed over an election he lost, had sung the tune that forever embedded itself in his mind as his lullaby of comfort at night.

wandering child of the earth, do you know just how much you're worth?

the song suddenly had more meaning to him as he found himself walking out the door and rereading each line of calligraphy that was precisely written.

you have walked this path since your birth, you were destined for more.

the prime path had more meaning to him than anything had previously and he found himself in front of what would have been the gates of l'manburg. he moved on without a second glance, heading for his place of solace.

there are those who'll tell you you're wrong. they will try to silence your song, but right here is where you belong, so don't search anymore.

he found himself standing at the exact dock he would each time his mum and he decided to have a good night after a day full of stress. he sat down, his throat feeling scratchy as he hummed the lyrics to the lullaby.

you are the dawn of a new day that's waking, a masterpiece still in the making. the blues in an ocean of grey.

he stared out into the waters, darkened by the moonlight that cast overhead of him. he felt completely melancholic, matching perfectly with his quiet and awkward surroundings.

you are right where you need to be, poised to inspire and to succeed. you'll look back and you'll realize one day.

fundy rubbed his eyes as he stared at the signature at the bottom of the last page, his hand grazing it over and feeling the small etching of the quill that had delicately pushed on the parchment.

in your eyes, there is doubt as you try to figure it out, but that's not what life is about, so have faith, there's a way.

reading of his mother's fears of their new ruler made him feel as if everything he had done was wrong, that he was truly betraying the trust that she put in him by willingly doing all of this. but he as well feared the banishment that his father and mother figure had gone through. he was loyal to the country built around him.

though the world may try to define you, it can't take the light that's inside you. so don't you dare try to hide, let your fears fade away.

overcome with emotion, he gets up and runs back to his home, taking one more look at the nearly torn down flag of his nation. he had decided his fate and he would be logging his decisions down not only for himself but for his loving mother figure.

you are the dawn of a new day that's waking, a masterpiece still in the making. the blue in an ocean of grey.

with his previous consultation with eret, the original traitor of l'manburg, he had now decided what he was going to do. he quickly wrote a letter back to his mum that he would leave in niki's hands. after that, he acquired a new book and began writing feverishly in that one as well.

you are right where you need to be, poised to inspire and to succeed. you'll look back and you'll realize one day.

all he wanted was approval and the love that he had previously missed out on, with his father in the war and his birth mother abandoning him for a life on the seas. now that he had found requited adoration, he was willing to maintain it.

you are the dawn of a new day that's waking, a masterpiece still in the making. the blue in an ocean of grey.

he was aware of what it looked like, but in the end, he believed it would all work out. it always did, didn't it? eret became a traitor of the nation to become king but still happened to maintain his friendships. why couldn't he do the same and maintain the love and attention that only now he was given?

you are right where you need to be, poised to inspire and to succeed. you'll look back and you'll realize one day.

with his plans, he was ready to do what was necessary to keep himself and those he cared about alive. he had friends that would be ready to agree with him.

soon, you'll finally find your own way.

he closed the book, placing it in the farthest corners of his inventory.

a spy's diary.

»»————- ♔ ————-««

words: 1070