⌠𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃⌡

𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒾 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒶 𝓈𝓎𝓂𝓅𝒽𝑜𝓃𝓎

»»————- ♔ ————-««

the tundra

disclaimer: small catch up chapter

after the dawn of the sixteenth, technoblade and mellona had escaped and made their way to the tundra. technoblade predicted that l'manburg would betray him, so he had built a cabin for himself out in the snow in the greater lands. he trusted only a few people with the information as to where this cabin was, including philza minecraft and mellona augustine

as soon as they had gotten to the small cabin in the middle of the night, mellona collapsed on a bed made in technoblade's living room and had cried in her sleep. it was apparent to technoblade that he would have to give mellona some time to cope with the loss of her lover and the separation of those she cared about. 

while that happened, technoblade swore on retirement and peace. he knew that mellona might not be able to take extreme conflict while still grieving. 

in the coming week, mellona was seen as nearly a husk as she trudged around the small cabin and organized technoblade's chests out of boredom. it was hard for her to get up in the morning and she was constantly seen spinning the golden ring on her finger when she stared off. 

technoblade consoled her as much as possible, and mellona would talk either minimally, or too much. if asked about her day, she would respond in a short sentence. if she was asked how she was doing, she would rant on and on about missing her loved ones. 

she was unstable and technoblade knew it, but mellona was one of his best friends. he would be there for her until the end. 

in the next week, mellona would slowly get herself back up. she didn't want to dwell too much on the past and wanted to do something that would make her stronger than she was before. 

technoblade responded by suggesting more sparring, especially with philza. mellona had met philza while she was in her rut and he helped her by talking about wilbur and life in general. mellona concluded that philza was wise beyond his years, or he had simply lived for much longer than he leads on. 

it was near the end of november when mellona decided that she would move away from the tundra. she decided to move to the nether, the complete opposite of the safe and quiet tundra. 

it was away from her best friend and the serenity of living in near peace. 

and yet here she was, standing in front of a nether portal where philza and technoblade were seeing her off. she had materials in her inventory and a mix of spare golden and diamond armour that technoblade had gifted her. 

"you really don't have to go, you could just stay with us and maybe build your own cabin." technoblade had offered countless opportunities said in different ways while they walked to the not-so-far off portal. 

"i know. but i should probably do this for myself," mellona sighed. "if not for me, then for wilbur." 

"well, if you really believe this is best." philza interjected, his fingers interlocked in front of him. "just remember, you can always come back. i'd love to have you visit when you're finished setting something up." 

"of course! i don't want to leave you guys forever!" mellona smiled lightly as she brought the two of them into a hug. technoblade held onto her for longer, despite being much taller and less touchy than the latter. 

"be safe, alright?" 

"i promise. i'll see you soon." with that, mellona turned around and entered the portal, the temporary neasuea and purple sight flooding her senses as she appeared out near a safety-proofed lava lake. the glow from the lava illuminated her light figure. 

it was clear she looked misplaced, her light blue eyes a large contrast to the dark reds and oranges of the land formations. however, for some reason, mellona couldn't feel anymore at home when seeing the faint illumination of the glowstones decorating the ceiling. 

this was the descresendo in her first symphony, and there would be many more to write as time went on. for now, she was content in the switch of major to minor. 

»»————- ♔ ————-««

end of season one

words: 742