Walk in the Park (Jaehyun)

It was a Sunday morning. The sun poured through the sheer curtains, the birds were chirping happily and I smelled the faint aroma of coffee. This would be the perfect morning to wake up to but I never woke up. Why? Because I never slept.

I was 8 and a half months pregnant and was slowly but surely coming up on my due date. I'm a first time mom and although starting a family with my love and experiencing pregnancy has always been a dream of mine, I am absolutely terrified.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy and grateful to be able to have a healthy pregnancy with my husband by my side but I'm worried about how our lives will change. I try to hide these emotions from my husband, Jaehyun, as he's been so excited for the arrival of our baby and I don't want to damper his mood or worry him.

I was staring blankly at the wall when I heard a cough that startled me out of vicious thoughts.

"Oh. Hey Jae" I smiled at my husband, trying mask the mood I was truly feeling.

"Hi" He replied softly, shuffling over to me while carrying a tray.

Although I'm completely able to get up and make my own food Jaehyun has been extremely eager to be my "servant" ever since I told him I was pregnant, it was cute. He brought me a glass of ice water, hot chocolate, my daily vitamins, grapes and the best bacon, egg and cheese bagel ever.

He set the tray down and handed me the ice water and vitamins before sitting down in front of me, taking his cup of coffee from the tray and sipping on it.

"What's the matter, honey?" He asked looking at me.

I took my vitamins, drinking my water slowly to avoid the question. Jaehyun chuckled a little and took the glass from me. "Babe..." he pushed on.

"Honestly?.... I'm scared, Jaehyun" I confessed.

The look of worry on his face made me regret what I said. He put down his coffee and grabbed my hands tightly.

"What's wrong? What's happening? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" he fireballed questions while inspecting my body for any bumps, scratches or bruises.

"Jaehyun, I'm fine physically. I'm just worried about me being a mom. What if I'm not good? What if I can't learn what each of the baby's cries mean? I'm scared I'll mess up. I'm terrified of how our lives are going to change forever." I put my head down in embarrassment, worried about how he'd react to everything I just unloaded on him.

"Oh y/n" Jaehyun said as he crawled up to his side of the bed. He grabbed me in his arms and moved me to his lap.

"Y/n you're going to be an amazing mother. I've seen the way you are with Taeil, Jeno, Ten and Doyoung's kids. You're always so playful yet gentle with them as well as loving and caring. I see the way they look at you and come to you whenever they have an issue" he pulled me closer.

"And guess what?" he asked

"What?" I asked

"You're not alone. You're not going through any of this alone y/n. I've been here every step of your pregnancy and I'm going to be here after. Even if you mess up it's okay because you're not alone. The boys are so excited for her arrival, they're already setting up a schedule for who comes at what times to help" he answered.

I laughed at the thought of the boys being nannies to my baby. They're probably planning on teaching her iconic lines like "it's not ice cream, it's butter" or "be quiet, don't cry".

He kissed my head. "I know we're both new parents and this is going to be a huge change but that's okay. We have each other and we'll get through everything together, mistakes and all."

I smiled. Jaehyun always knew what to say to calm me down and make me feel at ease. He was an amazing husband and already an amazing father. Our babygirl is going to be so lucky to have him.

"Thanks, Jae. I really needed this pep talk to make me feel better." I turned to give him a kiss which he returned.

"No problem, my love. Plus learning some ins and outs of parenthood with baby #1 will help us with baby #2" he replied slyly. I rolled my eyes at him, playfully hitting him.

"Slow your roll there, pal. Let's welcome baby 1 to the world before talking about babies 2-8" I said teasingly.

He thought about it, "You know I actually wouldn't mind having 8 babies with you".

"Ughh Jae I was kidding. 8 kids? That would be insanely hectic." I said facepalming.

"Hmm. Doing anything with you by my side is a walk in the park" Jaehyun said, giving me a hug.

"I love you so much."

"And I love you."

I shared my bagel and grapes with Jaehyun and we spent the rest of the morning talking, rubbing one another's stomachs, facetiming the boys about their schedule and making a list of names for babies 2-8.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

A/N: How was this? I'm a little rusty but it'll get better I promise. Thank you for reading.