First Of Many (Ten)

Ten's POV

It was 2 in the morning, I was up waiting for Y/n to come home. She had been coming home late every night for the last couple of weeks. I was normally home late too because of my job but Y/n's job is a normal 9-5 so I know it wasn't work keeping her.

I heard the door being messed with, she was finally here. I heard the door open and close quietly followed by really light foot steps.

"Where have you been?" I asked, turning on the light.

"Tennnn, don't do that. You scared me." Y/n said, startled.

"Y/n, where have you been?" I asked again.

She took off her shoes. "Just out and about. Here and there".

"And where is "here and there"?".

"Are you my mom or my boyfriend?".

"I just want to know wh-"

"Ten, please. I'm tired, I just want to shower and go to bed" she pleaded.

I groaned in annoyance. "Okay, fine. You win". I threw my hands up in defeat.

"Thank you." she said heading upstairs to the bedroom. I have no idea what you're up to Y/n L/n but believe me I'm going to find out soon.

4 Nights Later

Midnight. It's fucking midnight and Y/n, surprise, isn't home yet. She's still been coming in late at night, being sneaky and shutting me down whenever I try to figure out where she's been. I've barely seen her these days and she rarely ever texts me anymore. I know she's not cheating on me but I'm not sure what else could be going on. She's never been so secretive and I don't know what to do.

I heard the door open and close again. I pretended to be reading something, trying my hardest not to acknowledge her presence to see if she'd speak to me first, she didn't. She tried to pass the living room.

"Really?" I spoke, not looking up from the magazine.

Y/n put her bag down. "What do you mean?".

"You come in late AGAIN and don't even have the decency to speak to me" I said flipping the page.

"Ten it's been a long day and I'm re-"

"Really tired, I know. You're always so tired."

Y/n huffed. "Why do you always have to do this? Every night I come in late and instead of letting me go to bed, in peace, you wanna start arguments.". I couldn't believe the words coming out this girl's mouth right now.

I put down the magazine. "You come home late every night, you don't reach out to me throughout the day and then you get all aggravated when I want to spend time with you.". I looked up at her and my face dropped.

"You dyed your hair." I said looking at her. Y/n did a twist out but instead of her hair being its natural color it was ginger with orange highlights. (a/n: i'm an advocate for dying your natural hair. If you're thinking about doing it this is your sign)

"Yeah, I did. Do you like it?".

"I love it. It's just that normally you tell me whenever you plan on doing something new with your hair.".

"Guess I just couldn't find the time" she replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Anyways... I have somethings to do tomorrow so I'm going to be home late".