MC (Shotaro)

Requested by: @BlueAryam ❤️

y/n's pov

"Today is going to be a great day" I say to myself out loud as I packed my makeup pouch. Why is today going to be a great day? Because I'm starting my new job as an MC for Inkigayo, a very popular program in South Korea, having this job is a huge deal.

Though I'm happy I'm also kind of nervous because I haven't met my cohost, Osaki Shotaro, yet. I was so nervous I did research on him and found that he recently debuted in the boy group, NCT, which was a little intimidating because I love that group. I just want to get along with him, I'm someone that hates tension and I don't want to be those people that seem like best friends onscreen but can't stand each other off.

I finished packing my makeup bag and put it in my tote purse. I was informed by my manager that my hair, makeup and outfit would be done on set but I was a little skeptical. Not only is my skin color different than the cosmetics they have but my hair type and texture is extremely different from what they're use to working with so, better safe than sorry.

*Phone dings*

Eui (Manager): " Annyeonghaseyo , Y/n. I will arrive in 30 minutes. Be ready 😊"

Y/n: "See you soon, Eui."

I took my phone and sat on my couch as I finished my morning tea. I went on twitter and replied to fans that were wishing me well on Inkigayo. It really warmed my heart seeing so much positivity and love surrounding my debut on the show. I was getting so much love from Kfans and lots from international ones too.  After scrolling through twitter for a while I went to instagram and scrolled through my activity which got really ugly really fast. I read comments under my recent post and they were horrific.

user001: "Stupid, ugly darkie"

user002: "tar baby. tar baby"

user003: "Keep your poopie skin away from our Shotaro"

user004: "I didn't know they let monkeys on tv. Does the zoo know?"

The hate went on for scrolls and scrolls. It was hard to not get engulfed, once I read one I was on my way to reading them all. As I continued to scroll I heard a knock on my door that saved me from the waves of hate. I quickly wiped my eyes as I had been crying at this point and made my way over to the door, opening it. I saw my manager, Eui, with a big smile on her face, until she saw mine and it dropped.

"Y/n. what's the matter?" she asked, kicking off her shoes and dragging me to my couch.

I was too upset to talk so I just showed her my phone. Her eyes widened bigger and bigger as she read through the comments.

She pulled me in for a hug. "I'm so sorry, Y/n. No one should have to endure this blatant racism.".

"You're gonna be on tv in a couple of hours. You can't be puffy." she went to my freezer and grabbed two ice cubes for me to rub on my under eyes. As I did that, Eui began turning the comments off on all of my instagram posts, then I began seeing her type.

"Don't turn your comments back on until I say so and do NOT check any DMs. I put your management contact info in your bio for any business inquires. If brands want you they reach out to me. Understand?" I nodded my head.