Butterflies (Taeil)

"Still not on" Taeil called from the living room. I laid on the cold kitchen floor in nothing but a bikini.

It was the hottest day of the year in Seoul and of course the entire city just had to have a power outage. To make things worse the humidity was whooping my hair's ass. I decided to wear it in a cute afro today and put some butterfly hair clips in it. Since the power was out and we couldn't use the AC we had to open all the doors and windows which let the humidity in and it shrunk my fro. I then decided to take the clips out and put it in a slick bun on top of my head.

I heard Taeil's footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Y/n you can't lay on the floor forever." he laughed at me.

"Yeah well I can't turn the AC on either. This is my only way of staying cool." I responded with my eyes closed trying to imagine I was laying in a bed of snow.

"How about we get the kiddie pool and fill it up out back?" Taeil suggested. Though I didn't want to get up that was actually a good idea.

"That's a great idea, babe. Being the eldest of NCT really makes you wise, huh?" I teased.

Taeil rolled his eyes. "You go get the kiddie pool and start filling it up. I'm gonna go put on swim trunks and I'll meet you out there".

I got up from the floor and went to the bedroom we used for storage and grabbed the pool. Thank God I never got around to deflating this thing. Laziness really does pay off  I thought to myself.

I went out the patio door, set the pool down in a shaded area and put the water hose in the pool, letting it fill with up. I wanted to wait for Taeil to come out so we could sit in the pool together but he was taking too long and I was only getting hotter. I turned off the hose and sat down in the pool, letting my lower body submerge in the cold water.

"This feels so good" I sighed, throwing my head back. I suddenly felt something hit my neck. I looked forward and saw Taeil holding two water guns.

"I'm the only one that's suppose to be making you feel good" Taeil said smiling.

I popped up from the pool. "Taeil I'm going to flame your ass" I said running up to him and grabbing the other water gun. Taeil ran behind the big orange tree and continued to shoot water at me.

I went to shoot him back but no water came out. I looked in the water gun and saw it was empty. Taeil started laughing uncontrollably behind the tree.

"Taeil!!!!" I ran to the kiddie pool to fill up my water gun. As I went to close the lid I felt ice cold water hit my back. I turned to look at Taeil who had a water ballon in his hand.

I stood up. "This. Means. War".

Taeil and I then started running around our backyard while shooting each other, yelling, laughing and occasionally cursing each other. I only had a little water left and I couldn't fill it up without getting hit again.

"Give up, Y/N. We all know you won't win this." Taeil threatened, holding up a water balloon.

I had enough water left for one shot so I pointed my water gun at him and aimed for his eye. I quickly pulled the trigger and hit him exactly where I wanted. Taeil fell to the ground dramatically, letting go of his water balloon.

"BULLSEYE" I yelled. I ran to the water balloon and picked it up then stood over top of him.

I held up the water balloon. "Any last words, Moon Taeil?"

He coughed and pretended to struggle for air. "Y/n, Y/n please. I love you".

Aww he'd use his last words to tell me he loves me.

"Taeil I love you too..... now eat water" I said as I flung the balloon at him. He gabbed my ankle and pulled me down to the ground. I tried to crawl away but he grabbed my other one and pulled me in his direction, pulling me on top of his wet body.

Taeil sighed, wrapping his arms around me and brought me closer to him. "I really do love you, y/n. I'd do anything for you no questions asked".

"I can see. Because of you today was actually enjoyable" I kissed his chest lightly.

We eventually moved to the, now warm, kiddie pool and talked about random things. Taeil was telling me about a 127 summer comeback and I was telling him about the next event I had to plan for work.

"This client says they want an outside, nature theme for their baby shower. I have some plans for it but I'll have to draw up a picture of what I want it look like before anything. I'm still trying to think about other things I could add" I continue on.

"How about...." Taeil pulls something out his pocket, "butterflies" he opens his hand to reveal the butterfly clips I took out of my hair ealier. He started clipping them in my puff that was still damp.

"Aww when did you grab these?" I asked him.

"When I was changing. I love when you put accessories in your hair. You're so beautiful." he said putting in the last clip.

"I love you so much, Taeil".

"I love you too, Y/n". We leaned in to kiss each other and as our lips met and connected, the power came back on.

"Is that really all it took? We could've done this hours ago" Tael said in disbelief.

I laughed at the look on his face. "Yeah but then we wouldn't have made these memories".

Taeil pulled out his phone, took a picture of us and uploaded it to instagram with the caption "Best Day Ever ❤️☀️".

I hope you baddies enjoyed