January 9th (Xiaojun)

"Okay, Genji. What snack do you want in your lunch? Chocolate raisins or chocolate cashews?" I held up both, waiting for my daughter to choose.

She tilted her head to the side, her eyes switching back and forth between each snack.

"Mmmm...the cashews" she pointed. I put them in her lunch box and set it in the fridge to chill while I did her hair.

"Now I have to do your hair. We're going to be outside for most of the day and it's still warm out so I'm going to give you two buns, okay?" I said carrying her to the bathroom and sitting her on the counter.

"Okay Mommy" she replied.

"Have you picked out what shoes you're going to wear? You need something comfortable." I said spraying her hair with water and brushing it up into a ponytail.

"My sparkly yellow light up shoes so I can match the giraffes, please".

"Alright princess" I replied, finishing her hair and adding two yellow bows to match her shoes.

I took her off the counter. "All done. Go put your shoes on and I'll go pack the bags" I instructed her.

Time Skip to School

I was sitting in Genji's class while we waited for the last few students and parents to come on the trip. Genji was off talking to her friends and I was talking with other parents.

Genji suddenly ran up to me. "Mommy can I share my cashews with my friends?" she asked leaning on my legs.

"Yes, sweetie. When it's time to eat them you can share" I kissed her nose. My daughter was so cute. I hated to admit it but she was the perfect blend of her dad and myself , though he would always argued she took more after me it was undeniable that he was her father.

"Dadddddyyy!!" Genji shouted and ran across the room. Xioajun? What the hell is he doing here?

I excused myself from the conversation and walked over to my ex boyfriend.

"Xioajun what are you doing here?" I asked through a semi forced smile.

"Hello to you too, y/n" he laughed. "I'm here to chaperone Genji to the zoo".

"But it's my turn to chaperone her. Do you never look at the chart?"

"I know it's your turn but my princess really wanted me to be here" he said. I looked at Genji who was smiling really hard. She was so cute with her one missing tooth.

"Genji. Do you want daddy to stay with you?".

"Yes, Mommy but I want you stay too". My heart stopped for a second. Though Xiaojun and I didn't end on bad terms I really didn't like being in the same room with him especially when it wasn't needed. I mean did she really need both of her parents for one trip?

I exhaled. "Fine. I'll stay with my little princess too." I said gently squishing one of her cheeks. Xiaojun set her down and she ran back to her group of friends.

"We really have to work on saying no to the kid" I laughed.

Xiaojun laughed too. "I could never even say no to you and you expect me to say no to her?"

"Y/n look, I really want to talk to you about something" he started. Here we go, whenever Xioajun and I were in the same room together he would always try to talk to me about what use to be our relationship and "why did we ever break up?" and blah blah blah.