Chapter 4

I woke up to Ritual playing from the kitchen. I heard a crash and shot up in bed. "Amie?..." I called loudly terrified that she was dead. My over active imagination kicked in and I saw visions of her fighting off a burglar and getting shot stabbed or worse. I trembled a I opened my door. The house was frighteningly quiet. The floor creaked under my feet as I tiptoed my way through the apartment. Suddenly people popped up everywhere and yelled "Surprise!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and clutched my poor stuttering heart. I caught my breath and started laughing. All my friends were here and so was bvb, awkward.

I was engulfed in hugs by everyone. "Happy 21st!" Was written on a cake. I grinned at Amie. "You guys can remember my birthday and I can't even do that!" I told her. "You never could remember you birthday..." Stated Jake as he wiped some frosting off the cake and ate it. I rolled my eyes at his childishness. I yelped when I felt my butt vibrate. "I have got to stop putting m phone there..." I mumbled and took it out. "Happy Birthday. Can you meet me at the Starbucks on your block later? -Brian" it read. "Dude just no. Stop. You're such a stalker XP- M" I replied and got my piece is cake ignoring his other texts. I got to lick the candles (not like that sicko!) and finished my delicious carrot cake.

I beamed at my friends when Amie yelled "Present time!" I shook my head and replied "no one had to get me anything!" She insisted in her stubborn way. I opened hers and found a necklace. The box was black and velvet and in it sat a small black puzzle piece on a thin chain. She showed me that she was wearing the matching piece. It was utterly beautiful. Jake presented me with a coupon for a free tattoo and told me it was from all the bvb guys. I thanked him giggling and turned to my other friends. Mark and Jessie had gotten me a set of black candles and shelves so I could put them up. It was a project I had wanted to do for a while. Alex had gotten me some soap and a bottle of alcohol. The note said 'don't get caught illegally drinking. I don't want to bail you out of jail!' I giggled at her gift and smacked her playfully on the arm. Ben and Fred gave me a hand drawn portrait of a wolf howling at the moon and me standing behind it. The wind blowing my hair around and the trees swaying. It was amazing and lifelike. They also gave me a little black wolf pup. I gave them a hug and they went back to sitting down with Ben on Fred's lap. We all sat around and talked until the two couples left. Alex and Ashley had gone on a walk and I was sure they were all over each other by now.

Amie shot me a knowing look and we both burst out laughing. I went to the kitchen to make myself a cheese crisp and hot chocolate. Strangely Andy followed me. He rubbed the back if his neck nervously and looked at the floor. "Ummm hi." I said breaking the awkward silence. "Hey I'm sorry about uh last night. I erm don't really do that often. That girl didn't mean anything and I was drunk." He said simply. "Um ok don't worry about it. It's cool." I was tempted to say nice to know kissing someone means nothing to you but technically I kissed him...

The microwave beeped and I started eating my food. I suddenly grew less hungry and gave my food to Amie skipped out on the hot chocolate. I sat down in the love seat and Andy sat next to me. It was awkward until Alex and Ashley came in holding hands. I smirked at her slightly smeared makeup. "You guy have fun?" Amie asked in a motherly displeased tone. They just laughed. I caught myself glancing at Andy and saw his smile. I loved his smile. He caught me staring and I looked away blushing and silently cursing myself. Jinxx started yawning and C.C. Looked at him in disbelief. "I cannot believe you are tired! I disown you! It's only like two!" He scolded him. I rolled my eyes and Jake sighed. "I guess we should head out... Come on guys." He said motioning to the door. We all gave them big hugs and Alex and Ash kissed goodbye. Alex told us she was heading out and Amie left her with a piece if wisdom. "Don't get too attached. I don't mean this in a bad way, but you know Purdy's rep. I don't want you to get hurt." Alex brushed it of and left.