Chapter 18

"Oh great. Yet another secret you've been keeping from me, huh?" Amie said slightly peeved and I shot her a look the made her shut up instantly.

"Hey Ethan. Long time no see." I turned back to the green eyes of my childhood friend.

"That's the understatement of the year." He laughed and pulled me into a tight hug.

"So... How've you been I guess? How are your parents?" I asjked curiously. He was one of the nicest kids I had ever known. One of the few who hadent bullied me from a young age.

"I've been great! I gotta go though so I'll talk to you later. Here's my number. Shoot me a text. Maybe sometime soon we can meet up." He pulled me into another quick hug, kissed my cheek softly, and ran off upstairs to one of the rooms.

"Who the hell was that?" Alex spoke up after a moment of silence.

"Ethan. He's an old friend. We used to play together when we were little. We became really close but he moved. I used to have the biggest crush on him." I tried to joke in order to not get in too much trouble from my friends but all three of them had their 'pissed off' looks on their faces.

"Get into the van young lady. We will talk about this on the way home." Alex pointed to the doors and I rolled my eyes.

"You'll definately make a good mom..." I muttered under my breath as I made my way into the suddenly cramped feeling van.

After everyone clambered in and Adam started driving questions were thrown my way, most of which I couldn't answer. I don't remember much of my childhood. Anything I used to know about Ethan is basically lost into a haze of blackness. Being swallowed up by time. Not that much of what I could remember was any help in telling them anything about them. I remembered his birthday, two days before mine, I remembered his favorite colors at the time. Black and blue. His favorite animal was a wolf and he was obsessed with drawing. Everything else was just filled with blanks. Any other information I used to know about this boy was nowhere to be found. Simple as that.

Alex insisted I call him. Amie said it was a bad idea. I think she's afraid that if I call him I could fall for him again over Andy. That would never happen though. I love Andy.

We finally got home, exhausted and grumpy from being in the van so long. Amie and Adam dropped me and Alex at my place before heading home. We both crashed as soon as we laid down.

I woke up a few hours later to my phone ringing. Groaning with irritation I rolled over and picked up the call.

"Hello?" I grumbled into the phone.

"Maya? Sorry did I wake you?" A deep voice came through and I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Nah it's fine." I replied fighting a yawn.

"You do know who this is, right? Ethan." He spoke and a switch clicked in my head.

"Yeah, yeah. What's up?" I rolled over and pressed the speaker button on my phone.

"Just wanted to call and talk. See how you've been, what you've been up to. that sort of thing. If that alright with you that is." He said brightly.

"Well I just got home a few hours ago. We were out of town to see a band and we came back. I have about half a day until I go back to work." I replied vaguely.

"Oh yeah? What band?" He asked curiously.

"Only the best band known to man. Black Veil Brides." I smiled as I thought of Andy.

"Oh are they now? I think I prefer Muse." He chuckled.

"Well I might be a bit biased." I admitted.

"Why's that?"

"I'm with the lead singer. They're a pretty cool bunch to chill with." I admitted proudly.

"Like with with? You guys are a couple?" He clarified with what sounded like a hint of disappointment in his time but I brushed it off as the exhaustion making things up.

"Yup! And one of my friends is with their bassist. Cutest bad boy slash bad girl couple ever." I grinned.

"What's it like with them being on tour? Doesn't it suck with him being away? Wouldn't it get lonely?" Ethan asked distractedly and my smile faded.

"Yeah it's shitty. We miss them like hell but it's their job, you know? Me and Alex are staying at my place for comfort until the boys get back. They'll be home before I know it hopefully." I spoke suddenly feeling an ache to be in Andy's arms.

"Ahh I see. Well that's go- Hold on a sec." He said quickly and I heard voices in the backround. Sounded like someone fighting. "Sorry, but I gotta go. Talk soon, yeah?" He spoke and I didn't even have time to respond before he hung up.

"Rude." I muttered to myself before placing my phone back into the bedside table and promptly falling back asleep.

~Short chapter but it's the best I could do. I tried to update quicker due to the lack of updates for this story. Sorry my lovelies. New chapter hopefully soon! -Michelle