ALWAYS, i. lahey

Lynn rolled her eyes as she watched Isaac walk into school. He was her best friend, but recently, he had been blowing her off for other people. Of course, she was glad that he was making new friends, but she didn't want him to just leave her in the dust.

Isaac came to a stop beside her locker.

"Hey," he grinned at her. Lynn tightened her jaw as she grabbed her textbook. "Hi," she answered monotonously. Isaac frowned at her cold attitude.

"What?" he asked. Lynn grit her teeth at his obliviousness. "Nothing," she seethed. Isaac let out a breath, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Look, if you have a problem, just say it," he stated. Lynn slammed her locker shut, making him jump slightly.

"You wanna know what my problem is, Isaac? Maybe it's because you've been blowing me off! Someone who's supposed to be your best friend! I'm happy that you have some newly found confidence, and that you have new friends! But what about me? Are the thirteen years of friendship just not good enough for you anymore?" she bellowed. Lynn let out a breath, her tone softening. "I feel like you don't need me anymore."

Isaac's eyes softened as he put his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm always gonna need you, Lynn."