YOU CAN REST NOW, a. steiner

"Aiden," Jayla whispered, cradling his head. Tears streamed down her cheeks as Aiden attempted to smile up at her, black blood dripping out of his mouth. "We're gonna be okay. You can rest now," she continued, offering him a sad smile. Aiden coughed, nodding slowly. Ethan gripped his twin's hand, sobbing.

Jayla watched as the life slowly drained from Aiden's eyes, his arms going limp by his sides. Jayla let out a heart-wrenching sob as she laid her head on her boyfriend's lifeless chest. She craved to hear his heart beating once again. To feel the warmth of his embrace. To experience the butterflies she usually did when he kissed her.

Not even Lydia's scream could tear the pack's attention away from Jayla's grieving figure. Aiden turned Jayla's world upside down, and there was no denying that the two were made for each other. From fighting against each other to fighting for one another, the couple had come a long way.

___

People say that there are 5 stages of grief.

Denial.

Anger.

Bargaining.

Depression.

Acceptance.

But to Jayla, it didn't feel like 5 stages. It felt like two: pretending that she was okay during the day, and breaking down when she was alone at night. The pack could see right through her, but no one knew what to do. They all assumed that she would never move on from Aiden.

That's why they were all shocked when Jayla opened her heart to Theo Raeken two years later.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Y'all rockin with the Marvel reference? Anyways, this book will be closing soon, simply because I have so many stories to write and I don't want to worry about updating this. Thank you so much for 2.6K reads :)

LAST CHANCE TO GET ANY REQUESTS IN! MESSAGE ME OR COMMENT ON THIS!

Stay cool, Anika<3