Chapter 19

Ja'Corey Montae Banks | Corey |

*A few hours earlier .

I made my way home , from the trap and parked my car in the driveway . It was still a bit early so I decided to clean up and take a nap .

My mama was still outta town and prolly will come back in a few weeks .

I went to wash the dishes , dried them and packed them a way . I cleaned the kitchen and then went to clean up the living room . When I was done , I went to my room and cleaned it up .

After a few minutes I got done and went to take a shower , when I was done with that , I got dressed and plopped on my bed .

_______________

I heard a knock on the door which made me jump up from my sleep . I put my slides on and slowly walked downstairs .

"Yo Wassup Jordan ." I dapped him up and let him in .

"Wassup , whatchu was doing ?" He asked as we sat down on the couch .

"Nun , I was actually sleeping ." I told him and he nodded .

"Oh I'm sorry if I woke you up but my mama sent me over here to get something from your mama ." He said .

"It's cool , but my mama ain't here . She been over at Aunty Laura's house for about 2 weeks ." I told him and he nodded .

"Oh ight , I'll just let my mama know. I needa run a whole lotta errands for her so I'll catch you later ." He said as he stood up .

"Ight nigga , be safe ." I dapped him up .

"Always blood ." I walked him out and watched him get into the car .

Minutes later I heard gunshots go off .

"Oh shit , Corey watch out ." I heard Jordan scream . I turned around and before I knew it , a bullet came flying towards me . I dropped to the floor and held my chest .

Jordan rushed outta the car and ran to help me .

"Nigga take me to the hospital , hurry tf up ." I screamed . I was in pain .

"Ight , you'll be fine blood . Stay with me ." He panicked . My neighbour , Ms Tiana ran out of her house and came to help .

"Omg Corey...uhmm I'll help you get him in the car . And I'll come with you son ." She said and they picked me up and carried me to the car .

I felt weak and I couldn't breathe properly . My eyes were starting to get heavy .

"No no Corey don't close your eyes , stay with me ." Ms. Tiana said . But I couldn't , I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer . And just like that , my eyes closed .

__________________

Nahemia Kaylee Smith | Mia |

We were sitting in the waiting room , still waiting for them to give us feedback on how Corey's doing . We've been here for an hour and Corey's been here for almost two hours . Corey's mama will be here soon , although we didn't wanna tell her over the phone we had to and it breaks my heart that we did because she was crying like hell .

Jordan , he's cousin , told us that he went to Corey's house and when they walked out , they heard gunshots and Corey got shot in he's chest and twice in he's arm . That made me think , maybe it was directed to him .

I layed my head in DonDon's lap , still crying my eyes out . DonDon cried a bit but claimed that real niggas don't cry . King had a blank facial expression , which made me worry and Army on the other hand was crying he's eyes out . I understand why , because him and Corey knew each other since they were in diapers . It was really heartbreaking . Sigh .