Chapter 26

Nahemia Kaylee Smith | Mia |

I walked into the building and towards the front desk .

"Good afternoon , I'm here to see Mrs Hamilton ." I smiled as she looked at me .

"Hey , you must be Nahemia . She's waiting for you , 2nd floor door number 3 ." She told me and I nodded .

I walked to the elevator and pressed the button , it opened and I walked in pressing the button for the second floor . I waited a few then it opened and I walked out , I looked for the third door and then knocked .

"You may come in ." I heard a female voice say . I slowly opened the door and walked in , closing it behind me .

"Hi Mrs Hamilton , I'm Nahemia but please call me Mia ." I smiled and shook her hand . She returned the smile as we sat down .

"Hi Mia , and you can call me Surayah ." She chuckled and I nodded . "Okay so this isn't your first therapy session so you know how it's finna go ." I nodded my head again .

"Yes Surayah ." I said . She took a note book and a pen out and sat it down on her lap .

"Okay our session is 45 minutes since it's only our first , the third time I see you it will be extended to an hour ." She said and I nodded . "Right let's get started . Well let me start by asking ,how are you feeling ?"

"I'm good actually , I have my bad days but who doesn't ? I'm still living and with the support of my family and friends , I sometimes forget about my past and the sh-things I went through ." I said and she wrote something down in her book .

"I'm glad you doing good ." She smiled . "How's school , your life at home ?"

"School is school ." I chuckled and so did she . "But it's good , I'm just working on finishing my senior year , and my life at home is good , you know I can't really complain ."

"It's good that you focusing on school ." She said and i nodded . "Now tell me a little bit about your childhood ." I sighed before answering her .

"Well i had a good childhood honestly , we were a happy family , my mom , dad and my brother Namir . We always use to go out for family dinners , ice cream and a lil outings together . I truly loved my family and the way they supported me through everything I've been through with my ex ." I smiled at the memories .

"May I ask what happened between you and your ex ."

"Well we were happy at first but he wasn't who he said he was , he was only with me to get in my pants and because of a stupid bet ."

"And how did your parents comfort you in that time ? Did they take it well ?" She asked , as she wrote down in her note book.

"They comforted me , especially my mama , my brother handled the situation . They helped me get through the whole heart break , even my bestfriend Bre helped me ." I gave a small smile and she nodded .

"Would you mind telling me more about your past ?" She asked .

"Everything was all peaches and cream , well not that much but yeah it was good till my dad died two and something years ago . Uhmm...I witnessed it and I didn't take it too well ." I sighed , feeling a few tears roll down my cheeks . Surayah gave me a tissue and I thanked her before wiping my eyes .

"We'll go deeper into it in our next session ." She said . "What did you do to cope with the loss of your dad ?"

"I use to have this lil journal where I would write in , I would take short walks or go to the park and just spend some alone time . Sometimes I would smoke my pain away , I've been doing it for the past 4 years but after my dad died it happened a lot and I like did it everyday till I decided to stop last year and just do it once in a while . Sometimes I would go to he's grave and vent to him , I felt a lot better after that . I would also pray a lot , I still do though . Talking to God helps a lot ." I smiled .