Chapter 90 - Ultimate Spells

As I enter the cave, I call out to the Light, Air, Fire, Heat and Plant Dragons. I need them to show me the Spells I require. Although I still need the Cold Spell, Flash Freeze, it can be gotten at the same time as I get the Water Dancer Skill from a Stygian Medusa, so there's no need to call for the Cold Dragon at this time.

Also, it's a hassle for the Rumble Dragon to move around due to them having no wings and being slow when not rolling, so I intend to seek them out later to learn their Spell as well just to save them the trouble of getting to me.

As I wait for the arrival of the Dragons, both Osseous Slime and the Death Knight retreat back to the side-room I've excavated in the cave. The walls there have little alcoves in them, perfect for the Draugr to lie in. They seemed very content when they laid down and closed their eyes.

The Osseous Slime snuggles up to the Death Knight as they settle down near the far end of this little burial chamber. Since they're both Undead, moving as little as possible to preserve their SP is in their nature.

Finally, the Dragons arrive. 

<You called?> The Light Dragon asks, their voice sounding almost like someone plucking a harp in my head. 

"Yes. It's time for you to show me those Spells." I guide them outside and behind the trunk of Yggdrasil. Behind here is the refuse pile, so we shouldn't be disturbing or upsetting anyone here. 

<Allright. I suppose I'm first, then.> The Light Dragon walks forward. Spreading out their wings in a motion that my Predict Movement registers as the tell for them casting a Spell, a column of white, sparkling Light descends onto a spot in front of the Dragon.

*Spell Learnt: Cleansing Light (Lesser) - Calls down a column of Light Element that deals some Light damage and also removes one positive Status (Such as Quickening or Barrier). Increased Tiers increase the damage dealt and the number of positive Statuses are removed.*

The Light Dragon turn their head to me, seeming to expect something.

"I've learnt it just fine. Here, let me show you." I then demonstrate Cleansing Light. Even though my Spell no doubt is much lower Tier than the one the Light Dragon cast, it's actually bigger and much more brilliant.

I sense shock and awe among the Dragons that are present. <W-Wow, Master is truly amazing!> The Light Dragon admits, though I can tell they feel a bit dejected. Perhaps they thought I'd need more tries to learn it?

"Thank you. With this, I'm one step closer to my Evolution." I thank the Light Dragon. The soft skin around their mouth turns deep red, the Dragon equivalent of blushing. 

<Now, me!> The Air Dragon hops forward, excited to show off their Spell. They seem to gather Air Element in their wings for a moment before creating a strong forwards gust. This gust then takes on a rotational movement, picking up small pieces of debris and whipping up the thin layer of snow that coats the ground. A spindly cyclone forms before petering out after a few seconds.

*Spell Learnt: Dust Devil (Lesser) - Creates a tiny centrifuge of Air Element that's able to pick up small, lightweight objects around it, scattering them about with some force. This deals a little Physical damage along with some Air Magical damage. The main strength of the Dust Devil, however, is creating a smokescreen out of sand, dust or snow for the duration of the Spell.*

Hm, seems this in combination with the Rumble Dragons' Sand Breath would be useful... I show of my own Dust Devil Spell, though I take care not to use full force. I can't control the direction the debris will be thrown, and I don't want to harm the Dragons on accident.