Chapter 56 - Invasion

I awake the next morning, an intense feeling of dread bearing down upon me. Something's wrong. Getting up, I perform a mental search of my Domain to find the source of this. 

*Large numbers of Chimera detected towards the North-West. All are under the effect of another Lair-Masters Minion Status.*

Chimera? With Minion Status? 

*They are currently located underground, in tunnels bordering the cave-system beneath your Domain. It is a matter of hours before they break through.*

A silly thought strikes me. The direction they're coming from is roughly the same as that Lair... But why the hell would they come for me? It's a great distance- unless they've been digging towards my Domain since the time I visited the Lair...

I don't intend to shelter Chimera. They're not naturally made, and besides, humanoids have designated them all (save for the Cats) for destruction. Having them within my Domain would just create problems for me. 

I gather up my Draugr into a bag. They are, for all intents and purposes, disposable fighters considering I'm unable to grant them full autonomy. From what I've gathered, Undead bodies cannot be "re-used", so I'm unable to kill them, take dominion of their Other Will, and then Raise them into the same body.

I'd need to source new bodies, and that's just more trouble than it's worth at the moment. Additionally, I'm unsure of how strong the Chimeras are, and the Draugr are by far my most lethal Servants simply due to their ability to twist probability in their favor.

With the Draugrs secured, I alert Huldr to the situation. She and the others are to protect Delpha and Grandma whilst I'm away. I then move to a spot highlighted by World Knowledge as being particularly close to a vein of the cave-system. 

Utilizing Excavator, I effortlessly rip into the soil, continuing down into rock, before breaking through the ceiling of the tunnel. As I walk into the tunnel, I have World Knowledge guide me towards the Chimeras.

The caverns are dark, damp, and not quite filled with life just yet. There are small, budding patches of luminous moss here and there, and I occasionally hear the chittering of a distant monster, but overall it's quite empty. 

This emptiness increases as I draw nearer to where the Chimeras are primed to bust through into the cave-system. It's as if the other monsters sense what's about to happen and have evacuated. 

I approach the furthest wall to the North-West in my Domain and listen. A low, grinding rumble permeates the earth. I also become aware of heavy footfall behind me. 

I turn to face this approaching monster. It looks at first glance like some sort of Tyrannosaurus. Big, muscular hind legs, covered in thick armor-plating, a smaller set of front limbs with blunt claws, and weak-looking, atrophied wings that seem quite unfit for flight. 

A thick neck supports a big head mostly dedicated to a massive jaw filled with protruding, blunt teeth meant for grinding and crushing. Finally, a thick, muscular tail provides balance and counterweight to its hefty head. Judging by the large amounts of Earth magic surrounding it, this is a kind of Earth Dragon.

*Rumble Dragon*
*A Low-tier Earth Dragon. Evolved from a Pseudo Dragonoid, it has a distinct physique not commonly found in Low-tier Dragons. It is normally quite slow, however, it is able to curl itself into a ball and roll around at high speeds, crushing anything in its path. A Geovore, its droppings are highly sought after as they often contain precious gems that the monster was unable to digest. Its high defense and offense makes it a tricky foe. Even cornering it to prevent it from using its devastating Rock-Roll Skill will backfire, as it employs high-power Earth Spells such as Vlad's Iron Forest and Earthquake, in addition to a debilitating ability to expel sand at incredible velocity from its mouth, grinding apart even the toughest armor. 
Its parts make superior armor, though despite granting earth damage, weapons forged from its parts are always dull, regardless of what one does. As such, the only weapons usually forged from its parts are hammers.*
*Rank: 7 Stars*