Chapter 29 - Returning

I land after a few hours of flight. I'm simply too angry to fly straight. Setting down the bag of Draugr, I approach a nearby tree. Judging from the height and width of it, it's very old. The bark looks tough, perfect for what I have in mind.

Rearing up on my hind legs, I firmly plant my claws in the bark and start shredding it. Swishing my tails back and forth as I do so, I envision the faces of those stupid representatives in the bark. Once I'm satisfied, a deep gouge mars the tree. By my feet is a small pile of wood chippings and bark fragments. 

I breathe a heavy sigh, I can't quite shake the feeling of anger, but at least I'm not fuming anymore. I should try to relax once I get back to my lair, according to what Grim told me, negative feelings affect monsters physically. And I've been feeling a lot of negative feelings lately, no wonder I feel terrible.

I pick up the Draugr again, double checking to make sure the cold isn't harming them. They might just be brainless puppets, but they're my brainless puppets and I intend to take good care of them. Seems that they're holding up for now. Doing some quick travel calculations, I could either pull an all nighter and arrive tomorrow, or sleep for the night and arrive at sundown tomorrow...

I'm paranoid about leaving my Lair alone for too long, so I decide to beeline for it. After all, I've hardly spent time in it since making it. 

Seems things have been happening in the grove since I left. The clearing is a bit bigger, with some stumps still left over from where the trees once stood. All around the clearing sits what at first glance looks like grassy mounds, but further inspection reveals an opening in each one. Are they houses?

I count five mounds, with a sixth one in the process of being made. Seems it's half embedded in the earth, with a wooden frame, then a layer of stones, before it is all topped off by covering it in soil. In addition, they've transplanted grass and moss onto the soil to camouflage the house from above.

I can sense two Servants in each mound, probably a Jotun-Gyger pair in each. All of them are asleep still, as the sun has just barely started to rise. The Huldr seems to be in the cave beneath the tree. I quietly make my way into it, dropping off the Draugr and letting them go back to normal size. 

They immediately wander into the deepest part of the cave before settling down. I guess they prefer the dark. 
"Ah, Master..." I turn to see a slightly bed-headed Huldr getting up from a pile of pelts. She groggily rubs her eyes before stretching for a yawn. 

"Apologies for waking you. I saw you've been busy whilst I was away." I walk over to her and settle down. "No, no, it's okay, the Voice said you'd be back soon." She says as she clings onto my furry forelimb. Which Voice? 

*This Skill has taken the liberty of providing tactical support for your Servants whilst the user has been away. As this Skill is also an expression of the World, one could say it is omnipresent.*

How convenient. Though I guess you wont tell me anything happening in the World outside of where I'm currently at?

*Correct. Be glad for the utility this Skill provides.*

Be happy with that you got, I see. Oh well. 
"So, what have you been up to whilst I was away?" I ask the Huldr. "Oh, lots of things happened! Uh, also you've got visitors coming around midday today..." I choose to ignore that last bit for now. "Please, tell me all about it." I tell her.

My mind fills with her memories. 
Seems the first day was spent weaving, only interrupted by food. Around noon the second day she ran out of silk, so she decided to explore the surrounding area. Encountering one of the Trolls, she climbs on top of its stony form. Once bored of this, she continues exploring.