Chapter 31: Silver

If I didn't know any better, I'd say my heart has stopped. My breathing is quick, and I can't seem to break the intense eye contact between Crowley and I. I know exactly what I want to say, but my mouth doesn't form the words that are struggling in my throat.

The longer I keep him waiting, the more I see his expression fall. This combined with the other people in the restaurants' whispering only makes me panic even more.

But eventually, my lips spit out the words that I want to say:

"Y-yes. I would love to marry you, C-Crowley."

He shoots up to a standing position immediately, the stunning grin from before back on his face. He takes out the ring and slips it on my finger. It's beautiful; a silver band with a gorgeous diamond in the center. I'm so deep in the moment that everyone's applause is barely audible.

I marvel at it some more as Crowley kisses my temple. "You're going to be the best queen Hell as ever seen, love."

I grin through my tears, jumping into his arms.

   He holds me in a firm embrace, and I can feel his ecstasy in his body language: the way his muscles tense and the way he rubs my back.

   After not long enough, he sets me back down on the ground, a sly smile on his face. "Shall we go tell moose and squirrel?"

   I nod happily, but the smile fades. Sam and Dean aren't Crowley's biggest fans. "How do you think they're gonna react?"

He smiles at my worry as Arthur hands him the check, congratulating us. Crowley signs his name in perfect cursive, handing it back to Arthur. He nods once and slips him a tip as thanks.

Arthur looks very thankful for this, so I gather that the tip must have been generous. He nods back and waves goodbye.

I wait for an answer to my question, a slightly nervous frown on my face.

Crowley can sense that I'm getting impatient and presses a kiss to my hair. "I already talked it out with them. We have their blessing."

I blink, wondering when that could have happened.

But, then it hits me.

He must've done it the day where my urges hit for the first time. Where he had insisted on talking to Sam and Dean privately.

I smile brightly as I give him a peck on the lips. "Well, let's go tell them then."

He smiles back and guides me out the door of the restaurant. He glances around before snapping his fingers.

We materialize in the bunker, and immediately, Sam, Dean, and Cas swarm us, asking countless questions at once. The questions blend together, and I blink, trying to separate them from each other.

Eventually, Dean shouts, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" which makes Sam and Cas fall silent, nodding in support of the question.

Instead of answering, I hold up my ring as Crowley wraps an arm around my waist proudly.

Dean's reaction surprises me. I had expected him to reluctantly congratulate us as Sam tells us to pay him no mind, but instead, he smiles big and wraps his arms around me. Crowley lets go of me in surprise, hazel eyes widening.

I hug back, still shocked. "You seem a lot happier about this than I was expecting."

"Hey, if you're happy, I'm happy." He pulls apart, but still keeps a firm grip on my arms. He shakes me a little. "And if Crowley is the key to your happiness, then I think I'm ready to accept that."

I look at Sam, my eyes just as wide as Crowley's. "What happened to him?"

He shrugs, just as confused as the rest of us. "I don't know. He suddenly started pacing when you and Crowley were gone, mumbling about what was happening and what you were gonna say. I think he secretly liked you two as a couple but didn't wanna admit it because, well, he's Crowley." He smiles slyly and claps Dean on the shoulder. "But, it looks like he finally grew up. Proud of you, man."

"Thanks, Sam," Dean replies, letting go of my arms. He rushes to add, however, "And I need to say, just because I'm accepting of this relationship does not mean I'm okay with seeing you guys make out or something."

Crowley and I exchange a glance, then smirk at each other. We don't even have to use our telepathy to crack this code.

We both dive toward each other, our mouths finding each other.

We begin to do exactly what Dean said not to do, and he screams in anger. He kicks Crowley in the shin in response to our blatant disobedience.

I can tell he didn't use his full strength, but it must still hurt. Crowley pulls apart, a cry falling out of his mouth. He favors his shin, glaring at Dean. It's playful, yet also not at the same time.

I wince. That'll probably leave a bruise. I glare at Dean as well. "You're a dick, ya know that?"

He shrugs, smiling playfully. "I was clear, was I not?"

I smirk. "I guess. However, I'll remember this next time you bring a girl here."

The color drains from his face. "What?"

"I'll remember this abuse to my significant other, and I'll be sure to give the same treatment to whoever you bring here."

He frowns, crossing his arms. "Point taken."

Cas had observed this argument silently, and, as the room goes silent, he puts a hand on my shoulder. He looks from me to Crowley, speaking for the first time in several minutes. "Congratulations, you two. I wish you the best of luck throughout your marriage."

That word still feels weird in reference to me. "Marriage." Marriage had been a lifelong dream of mine, just like it had been for many others. But, I had never imagined that I would be able to fulfill that dream. The reality that I'll soon be walking down the isle in a beautiful dress is insane, but in the best way possible.

I hug Cas without a second thought. "Thanks, Cas."

   The awkward angel returns the embrace, giving my back small pats. "You're welcome." He pulls apart first, clearly not used to hugs. Despite his awkward demeanor, though, I can tell he's genuinely happy for me.

   "Yeah, congrats," Sam adds, smiling. He glanced at Crowley, nodding once before saying, "Treat her right."

   "I wouldn't treat her any other way," my fiancé responds.

   Fiancé. I was never able to use that word in reference to my relationships before, but now I can.

   That sends another rush of shock and ecstasy through me.

  "Good," Dean replies. "Because if you don't, your head will be on a stick."

   "See, that's the problem with you Winchesters. All bark, no bite." His teasing smirk melts into a genuine smile. "However, I can assure you I will treat (Y/N) with the utmost respect."

   He presses a kiss to my hair before adding:

   "Nothing but the best for my fiancé." 

   I smile wider than I've ever smiled before, wrapping my arms around my husband-to-be.