Chapter 15: She Has Risen

My eyes snap open, and nothing but darkness meets them. The area below me feels like dirt. Squishy and cool.

I try to scream, but nothing comes out. My throat is like a freaking desert!

Where am I..?

I try to swallow what little saliva I have in my mouth to moisten my throat, with no luck. I let out a whimper as I punch at the dirt above me.

I can't breathe. I'm sure to run out of oxygen if I don't bust out of here.

I eventually punch out a hole in the dirt, and the sun shines through it, nearly blinding me with its scorching beauty and brightness.

I hiss, the light offending my (e/c) orbs. I heave myself through the hole anyway and collapse onto what feels like the grass of Earth, panting and grunting loudly.

Earth. I miss it.

I look around, my breathing still shallow, and my heartbeat speeds up as I realize that where I am...

Looks a lot like Earth.

The same trees, the same sky, the same clouds, the same everything. I look behind me, and a tombstone is located there.

I lean in to get a closer look, and it reads:

(Y/N) (L/N).

Hunter. Daughter. Loved by all.

"You can never have too much cake. Heart attacks who?" - (Y/N), 2014.

We miss you, (Nickname).

My eyes widen as soon I finish reading. "What the hell?" I wheeze out, trembling.

Am I...on Earth?

How?! I was just in Hell a few seconds ago!

I stand up, trying to process all of this. Maybe the whole thing with Crowley was a dream. Maybe this is the real Hell, and I was just asleep before.

I shake my head, knowing full well that that isn't the case.

I look around, and I see a small creek.

I stop to take a drink, and the feeling of the cool liquid running down my throat is more pleasant than I thought it would be. I must be human, otherwise this wouldn't feel good at all.

   I then look around some more.

   I've gotta get help.

   And with that, I fly out of the woods where I was buried, screaming at the top of my lungs. The water that I had swallowed allows me to be a bit louder, but I'm still fairly quiet, considering how hard I'm trying.

   I see a house in the distance, nothing but a street blocking me from getting there. Maybe that person will let me call my parents or something, since my phone's not on me.

   So, I run into the street, not looking both ways first.

   And because of that, I hear brakes squeal, followed by a horn blaring.

   So I speed up, not wanting to have to die as soon as I started living again.

   I make it across the street unscathed. I sigh with relief and look back out at the street.

   The car that almost hit me isn't leaving. It stays still as a familiar male's head pokes out of the rolled-down passenger side window.

   "Hey! Are you okay?" his soft voice asks.