Chapter 24: Light

I don't know how long it's been since Crowley confirmed that he's gonna be coming, but it feels like an eternity. It's been very boring, just sitting in my sad, little chair and doing nothing. I'm even beginning to think that I'd rather Rowena come in and start gloating than being all alone like this.

   And, just as I think that I'm about to lose it, she does come in. I can feel a smile spread across my face, since some sick part of me wants her presence.

   My smile widens as I see what she's carrying:

   A plate of food. Not just that; it's a plate of (favorite food).

   My stomach growls in response to the sight, and it hits me how long it's been since I've eaten. Crowley and I didn't get to eat on our date, so I haven't eaten since lunch.

My smile fades as I realize that Rowena's gonna have to feed me the food. My hands are tied. Quite literally, actually.

Cool, that'll be sufficiently awkward.

"Hello, (Y/N)," the redhead greets in her thick Scottish accent, smiling smugly at me.

"Gimme the food," I respond, not in the mood for pleasantries.

"I'd be happy to. We can't allow Fergus' little whore to go hungry, now, can we?" she asks with a smirk.

I don't know why, but that stings. I've always been a bit sensitive in terms of insults, but I swallow my feelings and snap back, "Look who's talking, you absolute—mmph."

I'm cut off by Rowena placing some of the food into my mouth. I don't try to continue. I'd rather savor the sustenance I've been given.

I swallow the food, and I don't know if it's the best (f/f) I've ever had or if I'm just starving, and anything will taste good. But, regardless, it is very pleasing to the tastebuds.

She repeats this for a short while, and, before I know it, the plate's contents are gone. That fact makes me a bit sad, but at least I've gotten enough food to survive the duration of this whole thing.

   Rowena opens her mouth to say something, but, before she can, a familiar voice says, "Mother."

   My head snaps to the direction of Crowley's voice, as does Rowena's.

   He's standing in the doorway, Sam and Dean on either side of him. Crowley's eyeing Rowena with a look that could drop a body, while Sam and Dean are doing the same to me.

   I knew they wouldn't be too keen on this.

   "I'm gonna give you one chance to give (Y/N) back to me," Crowley growls out, his tone sending shivers down my spine. "And if you choose to keep her, you are not going to like what happens next."

   Rowena smirks. "Ah, little Fergus has brought backup. Like those pathetic little humans will help." Then, in a flash, she runs behind my chair, and I hear the click of a loaded gun.

   I swallow thickly. She kept a gun behind my chair. And, if she has any brains at all, they're filled with bullets that have Devil's Traps carved into them.

   Thankfully, though, she's a bit too slow. Seeing what his mom is about to do, Crowley waves his hand, and the gun flies out of Rowena's.

   I let out a breath of relief that I didn't even realize I was holding in. If Crowley was a millisecond slower, a bullet would've gone straight to his heart, allowing him to be vulnerable. Killable.

   A lump forms in my throat at the very thought.

   "Really, Mother?" Crowley scoffs, waving his hand once more. Rowena's pinned against the nearest wall now, a couple of feet off the ground. The gun falls to the floor. "You really thought that you could shoot me? Me? In case you haven't noticed, I have powers that can prevent that event from happening."