Chapter 4: Torture

I'm sitting on the floor of my newly acquired cell, twiddling my thumbs nervously as I wait to be tortured. I feel like I've gotta vomit. I swallow hard, trying to banish the lump in my throat. It vanishes for a few seconds, but then returns.

   So I begin to heave, wanting to vomit already. Nothing comes up, however. That makes me whimper.

   Maybe the nerves you feel as you're waiting to be tortured are part of the torture. Because this is most certainly not a pleasant feeling.

   It also doesn't help that a demon approaches my cell every thirty seconds, stopping to smirk at me before moving on. Every time they stop, my breathing does, too. And every time they walk away, I feel relief that cannot possibly be measured.

   Another demon approaches my cell, and, even though they're probably gonna walk away, I scoot backwards nervously.

   He stops in front of my cell. This demon doesn't have any attention-grabbing features, unlike Crowley. What, with his piercing eyes and his strangely attractive smirk. Not to mention his accent...

   Wait, what? I dig my nails into my arms as this demon assesses me in order to stop those thoughts of my King from coming into my mind. It does, and I breathe a small sigh of relief.

   My relief is quickly snuffed out, however, when this demon opens my cell door. He looks to be about six feet tall, and he has short, brown hair that looks terribly greasy. His eyes are a muddy brown, and he wears an outfit of all black.

   I lean over, and I do vomit this time, the whole amount of nothing I ate while in Hell coming up. It makes a gross splattering noise as it hits the cement floor.

   The demon seems very pleased by my obviously high levels of fear. He walks into my cell and picks me up from under my armpits, chuckling at my scared expression. His eyes turn black for a second, then go back to their normal muddy color.

   I immediately start fighting him, kicking and screaming. My voice is hoarse, so my scream sounds more like a whisper.

   The demon holds me still, however. "Keep fighting me and I'll beat your ass twice as hard," he growls, beginning to walk with me somewhere. Probably a torture room, if I had to use my big brain.

   Those words make me go limp. I shut my eyes, tears escaping them. Damn, I wonder how many times I'll cry while here.

   After a few minutes of being carried, I hear a door open. I open my eyes, and I'm being carried into a room that has about fifteen people tied down to chairs in it. They're all being tortured by their own respective demons. There's one vacant chair right in the middle, and I feel the urge to throw up again when I'm sat in that chair.

   The demon binds me to the chair, and I inhale and exhale, trying to get control of my breathing. More vomit will come up if I don't. And I don't think this demon will take it too well if I barf all over him.

   He then reaches into his sweater's pocket and pulls out a knife. I bite my lip so hard that I start bleeding. Great. As if I wasn't gonna lose enough blood already.

The demon looks my pathetic body over as he turns the knife around in his hands. A gross amount of excitement surfaces on his face. He then shoves the knife into my stomach.

Pain that I've never experienced before engulfs me, and I scream loudly, which makes the demon look even happier. Blood scatters across my stomach as I continue to yell in pain.

The demon then twists the knife that's buried deep inside me. My scream becomes more shrill and is higher in volume. Oh, God, if this is what I'm gonna have to go through every day, I should flag Crowley down and take his offer as soon as this is over.

The demon yanks the knife out of my stomach, and the pain subsides by a minuscule amount. Blood is still continuing to soak my shirt, and tears are rapidly falling out of my eyes.

The demon who I still don't know the name of watches me sob, smirking. His smirk reminds me a bit of Crowley's, but Crowley's is way more attractive, and, surprisingly, a little less evil looking. The demon then takes a fistful of my hair and yanks it back, forcing my head back with it. He then makes a large cut along my neck.

"Ah!" I gasp in response, blood dripping down my neck now. I grit my teeth, my outlet to deal with pain.

The demon throws the knife aside and reaches into his sweater pocket once more, pulling out a syringe with a substance that I've never seen before inside it. I whimper, bloody and destroyed.

He holds the syringe up to my arm, fueled by my crying.

He's about to inject the mystery fluid into my arm when the door to the torturing room opens.

The demon turns to look at who came in, and I sigh with relief, closing my eyes. At least I'll get a few seconds of peace.

"Travis, release her," I hear a familiar voice command.

That makes my eyes fly open. Crowley is walking over to my chair. He stops in front of it, looking at my demon expectantly, who I now know the name of.

Travis knits his eyebrows together. "Your Majesty...if I may ask...why..?"

Crowley's eyes narrow in annoyance as he glares at Travis. "Because I said so. Last time I checked, it doesn't really matter why, since I'm your King and all that." He waves his hand in the air dismissively.

"O-of course, sir! Where are my manners?" Travis squeaks nervously, beginning to unbind me from the chair.

I watch him work for a bit. I then feel eyes on me, so I look up. I see Crowley looking at me. He winks, smiling a little.

"Thank you," I mouth to him, the relief I'm feeling immeasurable.

Crowley gives a little nod in response.

Travis finishes unbinding me and turns back to Crowley, who straightens his posture. Probably as a gesture of dominance. Travis seems a bit scared by this, as he shrinks a little bit. "Um...would you like me to escort the girl back to her cell?"

Crowley shakes his head. "No, that will not be necessary. I'll do it. You can go torture the next person on your list."

Travis hesitates a little before nodding and speed-walking out of the room.

The King of Hell snaps his fingers. I look down, and I'm all healed up. I feel no more pain, there's no more blood, and all the tears in my shirt are mended.

I catch everyone giving me envious glances, and I try to ignore them. I wish I could help them. I stand up, dusting myself off.

Crowley smirks at me. "Hello, darling."

I can't help but smile a little. "Hey."

   He gestures to the exit of the room with his head. "Shall we?"

   I nod, and we walk out of the room, on our way to my cell.