Chapter 7: Possession

I never in a million years thought that I'd turn into the very thing I sought to destroy: A monster that possesses people. But here I am, walking with Crowley to a holding room where vessels are kept before they get possessed.

"I know that this is new for you," Crowley says, breaking the silence that hung on our shoulders a few seconds ago. "But whatever you do, don't let your guilt get to you."

"Easier said than done," I mumble, the guilt I'm already feeling close to unbearable. "Because unlike you, I have morals."

   "That'll change," Crowley responds, smirking. "Wreaking havoc usually does that to someone after a while."

   I sigh. I already have had enough with the King of Hell. Too bad I'm his little maid. Now I'll hardly ever be able to escape him.

   We reach the room that holds the human that I'll be possessing. I can see her through the window of the door, and I bite my lip with guilt.

   She looks so scared. She's crying, bound to the only chair in the room. She has beautiful brown skin and big eyes. She's skinny, but is still curvy.

   How could I do this to her?

   And before I can say anything, Crowley opens the door. He senses my hesitation about this whole thing and grabs my hand. He walks into the room, pulling me in with him.

   We approach the poor girl, and I yank my hand away from Crowley in anger, being careful not to look this girl in the eye. I can't. I'll start crying, too, if I do.

   "Hello, Rebecca." The taunting, gravelly voice of Crowley fills the previously quiet room. (If your name is Rebecca then change it to something that's not your name lmao)

   I look at my vessel, who's name is apparently Rebecca. She's looking at Crowley, trying to form words in between all of her crying. "Wh-who are you?" she finally gets out. Her voice is very smooth and pleasant sounding, even though she's crying.

   I can feel my expression break even more than it already had. Crowley's, however, remains hard and smug. "My name is Crowley, and I'm the King of Hell," he answers, straightening his posture in pride.

   Rebecca is obviously not educated in terms of the supernatural. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Y-you're crazy..! There's no such thing as Hell! You're just...some psycho who's little workers kidnapped me! W-why would you have them do that? A-and who is that?" She gestures to me with her head.

   Crowley chuckles. That sadistic asshole. "One, there is such a thing as Hell. You're there right now. Two, I kidnapped you because your body is needed for one of my missions. Three, this is (Y/N)." He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. I hiss and throw his arm off of me, despite how nice it felt around me. He smiles at my feistiness and continues. "She's gonna be possessing you to complete said mission."

   "Possessing me?!" Rebecca echoes, incredulous. "That—That can't happen! That's not a thing! Y-you two are insane!"

   "You really think it can't happen?" Crowley asks in a mocking tone.

   Rebecca shakes her head violently in response.

   "Huh. Guess (Y/N) and I will have to prove you wrong, then," he chuckles. He places a hand on the small of my back, guiding me closer to Rebecca.

"Crowley, I-I can't," I say weakly, looking at him pathetically.

"Are you sure, love?" he asks, the corners of his mouth twitching up into a smirk. "I guess that's fine. We could always resort to Plan B." He then draws his pointer finger across his neck.