Chapter 27: Night Out

I walk over to the bunker's couch numbly, plopping on it afterward.

   The paranoia has already set in. Is the tingling I'm feeling in my stomach nerves? Or is it my soul going into demon mode?

   I can hear Sam, Dean, and Crowley talking, but the words are unknown to me. Their voices are mumbles, and, no matter how hard I try to find out what words they're speaking, the numbness only thickens in my ears.

   I only jolt back into reality when I make out the unmistakeable voice of Crowley saying, "(Y/N)?"

   I look over at him, my ears suddenly clear again.

   Once he sees that he has my attention, he smiles. "Are you all right, love?" he asks, slowly approaching me and sitting beside me on the couch.

   I give an amused smile. It's almost as if he's treating me like a bomb. That I might explode if he's not careful with me.

   "Yeah, I'm fine," I answer quietly. "Just...overwhelmed by all of this information."

   "That's fair," Sam chimes in, sitting on my other side. "Just so you know, if you ever need to talk, we'll all be here."

   Dean sits down next to Sam, smiling softly and nodding in agreement.

   A warm feeling engulfs me. I'll have the support of my friends and lover no matter what. I grin. "Thank you all."

   "No need to thank us," Crowley says. "We love you. Helping you would be our pleasure."

   I cling to his arm like a koala bear, resting my head on his shoulder as I feel the nervousness fading away.

   He smiles, his head lolling to the side so that it can rest on my own. You'd think that the King of Hell wouldn't be much for cuddling, but you're dead wrong. Crowley is the cuddliest teddy bear you'll ever meet, as long as he likes you.

   Sam grabs my hand, making me look at him.

   His eyes are burning into mine with such intensity that my own eyes widen. He smiles a bit at my reaction and says, "We'll fight for you, (Y/N). Always."

   "You bet your ass we will, kiddo," Dean adds, also grinning. The smile reaches his eyes, making him look very friendly.

   I briefly think back to when I first met Dean, as a demon. He was so gruff, and this image that I'm seeing right now is such a stark contrast to his rough, distant past self. Once you gain the little squirrel's trust, it never leaves, and he's the funniest man-child you'll ever meet.

   "Of course we will," Crowley murmurs, stroking my other hand with the hand that's not captured by my clinging.

   Ah, Crowley. When I first met him, I thought he was nothing more and nothing less than a douchebag. But, when I got to know him, and combed back the evil layers that he was forced to sport, I found something that I'd never seen in anyone else before. Something amazing.

   I remove my head from his shoulder to look at him, see how he's changed.

   His expression is soft, and, like Dean's expression, is a stark contrast to how he presented himself when I first met him. He appeared cocky and arrogant, a sprinkle of ill intent in his constantly smug expression.

   But now, he looks human.

   And I'm so happy I can see that side of him.

   The corners of my mouth curl up once again, and I straighten my posture, struck with the want to spend as much time with these soft boys as possible.