2- lord technoblade

"my pleasure, your highness," Technoblade said as alexandria hurriedly walked up the castle stairs. he was confused as to why she didn't even look up at him. he shrugged it off and continued making his way to the kings study. he was told to go there immediately after arriving at the palace, yet he wasn't looking sure what for.

technoblade continued walking down the corridors of the castle, every now and then feeling his cape swaying against his back. it was a new feeling for him. in the nether, there was no need to wear anything but a t-shirt and light pants; even with his kingly status. so when he walked through the portal, he felt the need to wear a few extra layers, seeing as the weather was unpredictable, and much colder.

"down the corridor, fourth door to the left," lord technoblade muttered to himself. "fourth door to the left. fourth door to the... here we go."

technoblade approached the room and paused before knocking four times. a few moments later, he saw the king standing before him. he bowed in respect.

"lord technoblade," the king extended his right arm forward, which technoblade instantly took, "how've you been?"

"uhh, good," he said, not wanting to make eye contact with the king for it made him uncomfortable. Technoblade still owed the king an unmentioned debt.

"oh- my apologies. please do come in."

technoblade accepted the kings hospitality and stepped into the room. he took a look around and noticed there were many pictures of two women who looked identical. the only difference between the two was age.

"ah, i see you've noticed the pictures," the king bellowed

"i-i'm sorry your highness, i was only looking."

"oh it's no issue really," he picked up a frame, "that right there, is Mary, my beloved queen. she passed a few years ago, but she was one of our fiercest warriors. i know you know what that feels like."

technoblade knew exactly what that felt like. he didn't get the nickname "War Lord" for no reason.

the king continued on, "and that, is my Alexandria. my pride and joy."

"i know, i encountered her on the stairwell while coming here," technoblade responded

"oh dear, i should apologize. we had an argument before you arrived and she probably lashed out-"

"she didn't your highness. but please, i came down here for my itinerary and directions for my room. spare me the personal story."

"right. give me a moment," the king rustled through his notably messy desk, "here, the day plans for the few days you will be here, directions to your guest room, and the dining hall directions for when we hold meetings."

"thank you so much, King George," lord technoblade said before walking out of the room. he studied the map and the directions that came with it, but he still didn't understand them. fortunately, he spotted a castle worker ahead.

"excuse me, ma'am?" he called out. the lady turned around and smiled.

"lord technoblade, how can i be of service?"

"i need directions to my room, and then to the dining hall. could you help me?"

"sure. follow me!" the woman said. she was a little too cheerful for his liking, but he went along with it.

"have you met the princess yet?" she asked, "or should i say queen-to-be?"

"um, kinda. but not really. what's she like?" technoblade responded

"she's very headstrong, and very intelligent. she's quick on her feet, but she's not really a fighter— everyone knows that. she's the most stubborn person i know, but once you get to know her, she's one of the nicest souls. never a dull moment with alex."

"i'll keep that in mind." technoblade said as they walked down the halls. burnt out torches lined the walls, he imagined they were lit during the night hours.

"there's your room," the lady said as technoblade opened the door to reveal a king size bed (ironic, i know), a dresser, wardrobe, and other bedroom furniture. he threw his luggage on the bed and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"off to the dining hall?" he asked

"right this way," the worker responded.

———

as they made their way to the dining hall, little conversation happened between them. he passed many castle guests and servants and received many odd looks, seeing as he was wearing a mask and was equipped with an axe as black at night.

as he continued walking down the corridors, he noticed a beautiful entrance to a garden on the eastern side of the castle. he stopped a for a bit to gaze at the natural world.

"everything alright lord?" the lady who was accompanying him asked.

"yeah yeah, i think i got everything from here. thanks."

the lady hurried off as technoblade walked into the garden. he was amazed with the beautiful scenery of flowers, trees, and even bugs. cobblestone details aligned each walkway and door entrance. butterflies and dragonflies of every kind filled the air, buzzing around like their lives depended on it— and i guess in some ways it did.

technoblade walked forward to a stone brick bench and sat down, taking it all in. it wasn't until he heard sticks crunch behind him his trance broke.

"beautiful isn't it."

technoblade turned around and pulled out his axe.

"not everything wants to kill you, ya know," the princess looked up at him— not one ounce of fear within her.

technoblade instantly dropped the axe and kneeled down, "your highness, i'm so terrible sorry."

"oh stop with the formalities. a title is just a title, as i am just a girl." alexandria sat on the bench where technoblade once was.

"right," the silence engulfed them faster than a flame ever could.

"so, as i was saying, it's truly beautiful here huh?" alexandria asked looking out into the fields.

"yeah, it's quite the sight," technoblade replied.

she puffed, "i can't imagine how breathtaking the nether is."

"oh believe me, it's breathtaking. if you inhale too sharply you'll have ash down your throat."

the princess laughed and turned to face him, "so, technoblade, what brings you to the over world?"

[word count: 1013]

alex and techno relationship development?!?

discord: https://discord.gg/h6vFguamDJ
(also on my profile)