12- treason

tw: violence, blood (towards the end)

the pair tinkered with the explosives until they were aimed at the end city fortifications. once they were confident enough, they covered up the lever and left the area.

"where to?" technoblade asked in a hushed tone.

"my father, follow me," alexandria said as they scurried into the castle. she jogged down the hall, with lord technoblade close behind, until the two of them reached The King's Study. as she was going to open the door, alex paused, listening in. the princess gestured to technoblade and the two pressed their ears against the door.

"monty, i don't know where they are! we need to get him in enemy fire to rid of him. i want to gain power in the nether, and we're close to losing this war anyways. i should've known not to trust someone as foolish as nick to be the royal guard, so deal with him too," King George said.

alexandria turned to face technoblade, and his expression was completely unreadable. the mask didn't help either.

"monty, i want you to find them. do no harm on my alex, but lead the Lord into the enemy. if losing the war is what it takes to gain control of the nether dimension, then i accept defeat. do not fail me."

"run!" alex whisper-shouted. the two broke out into a sprint and barely made it around a corner as the kings door opened. without thinking, the pair ran to the main tower of defense.

"nick!" alexandria shouted as she burst through the door. as he trotted over to her she collapsed. technoblade hurried to her side and helped her up.

"my father... nether... treason..." she said as she faded in and out of consciousness. nick gestured to a bed and technoblade carried her over.

"the king, wants to overthrow me, and is willing to lose the war if it means doing so. he uh- also had plans for you too," technoblade announced. nick looked at him like he was nuts.

"and what do you expect me to do about it? i'm not just gonna let you die, man."

"thanks, but i don't see this war ending any time soon, but alex and i have a plan otherwise," he looked over at the princess with a worried expression. nick caught on.

"so what's the plan?"

technoblade looked at the royal guard and sighed, "we fight, and hope for the best i guess."

nick thought on this for a hard while, "okay, what about alex?"

lord technoblade tossed nick a potion of regeneration, "give this to her, i have a feeling she'll be up soon anyways."

"and where are you going?"

"to rally up the troops."

and with that, nick was left with an unconscious princess, and a room of exhausted soldiers.

———

during her dream state, alexandria couldn't get the words out of her head.

"lead the Lord into the enemy. if losing the war is what it takes to gain control of the nether dimension, then i accept defeat. do not fail me."

with a sudden desire for air, alexandria sat up in a rushed motion. when she looked around, she saw roughly 30 soldiers staring at her.

"where is he?" she croaked.

"alex! drink this," nick handed her the potion, which she chugged immediately.

"where is techno?"

"he's out, rallying troops,'" nick paused, looking at the ground, "i would've tried to convince him otherwise, but he's so stubborn— alex?" his words were drawn out by the sound of a door opening.