18- judgement

upon returning to the overworld, alexandria realized she had a lot of work to do. the first thing she did when she stepped into her mothers study (which was quickly becoming her own), was beginning to make plans to fix the damage done to the fields surrounding castle grounds. she hated the craters and the singed grass. another thing she wanted done was a total castle renovation, so she began to fill out the paperwork necessary to begin the construction. the next order of business was breakfast, the woman was hungry.

however on her way to the bakery, she passed nick, who she hasn't seen in awhile.

"hey nick!" the queen said cheerfully. she seemed to have forgiven him for any previous action he may have wrongfully taken.

"hey alex, congrats— by the way."

"thanks," she replied as silence hung in the air awkwardly.

"is there anything you need me to do?" as soon as the words left his mouth, alexandrias brain short circuited. did he just ask if she needed help?

"um yeah actually, i want you to gather the troops and have them practice combat. if you're lucky lord technoblade could help," the queen didn't even know why she was offering technoblades help, but it just seemed right.

"uh- okay. i guess i'll be on my way then," he replied as he whipped around and sped off in the other direction.

that was weird, alex thought to herself. she shook her head for a moment and continued on to the bakery. she ordered a ham and cheese panini, with a cookie to go. after alex received her food, she made her way to her room to change before she ate; her clothes smelled like ash. of course, she couldn't forget to give chip attention. he was one of the few things she had left.

on her desk laid a stack of papers regarding her queen-ship, and the netherite ingot technoblade dropped off for her. she made a mental note to take her axe to the blacksmith.

———

later that day, alex learned that technoblades study would be built across the hall from hers. she remembered putting in a request for his office, but she hadn't realized it would've taken affect that quickly. upon entering the queen's study, alex noticed that not much changed, despite having a cleaning crew come in.

it wasn't dusty anymore, and the floor was swept, but alex could tell that the essence of the room hadn't changed. she could still feel her mother's energy course through the study, and she was glad. alexandria took a deep breath in while she continued examining the room. on a shelf sat a portrait of alex, the queen, and the king.

"i look so young," alex spoke aloud as she picked up the frame, gently. she chuckled, and set the portrait back down on her desk.

"knock knock," said one of alexandrias royal advisors as he peeked in through the doorframe. as she recalled, he was one of the newer ones, but very nice nevertheless.

"oh, come in!" the queen spoke with a smile. however, her smile faded when she noticed the advisor didn't return the smile.

"i have some news regarding your father, and i was called to report to you. your father is in custody of one of our great allied nations," the boy paused, "i was asked to keep to the nation anonymous, but you need to know that he will most likely be jailed for life, or beheaded."

alexandria's jaw dropped. she particularly did not like her father— in fact, she hated her father for a lot of reasons, but she wasn't sure if she wanted him to die.

"where is he?"

"miss, that is disclosed information that i am not allowed-"

"as your queen, i demand you to tell me where my father is!" alex shouted at the advisor.

The boy paused, took a deep breath, and said, "his execution will occur in the Nether, under Lord Technoblade"

"so he is being beheaded. thank you," alex mumbled with a quick and shaky breath.

as the advisor left, alexandria was left speechless. she got up from her chair, and looked across the hall. she was rather shocked when she saw Lord Technoblade directing the construction crew whilst building his study. however, alex did not want to talk. especially not with him. she quickly slipped out from within her study, unaware that she caught the attention of quite a few people.

techno knew that she saw him and was choosing to avoid him. he also knew what the advisor had told her. despite feeling overwhelmed with sorrow, he shook his feelings to the side,

i cannot let my feelings for her cloud my judgement, he thought to himself, justice needs to be served.

long time no see
(i know this is ass, i jumped back into this blind bc i remember that i LOVED this one)