15- coronation

as alexandria talked with castle guests, she noticed her fingers were still interlocked with lord technoblades. though she didn't mind this gesture, she wondered when he was going to let go.

"so your highness, what will happen of your father?" a woman asked, probably around the age of 47.

"uh, he's in the dungeon right now. i don't plan on doing anything with him," she responded. she prepared for questions like these.

"but he's your family. wouldn't you let him out?" the woman spat. alex was taken aback by her comment.

"that doesn't matter. if he weren't family he would be dead right now," the princess dropped lord technoblades hand as the woman began to stare at the two of them, "excuse me."

alexandria pushed through the crowd and found elyse talking to tommy.

"and turns out she wet the bed! and- oh hey alex, just uh— talking about you," elyse smiled.

alexandria giggled, "elyse i was like nine, and you forced me to read scary stories while we sat in the dark."

"i have never peed the bed." tommy said with a laugh.

"should've left you in the tower," alex murmured jokingly.

at roughly 11:45am, alex went to the center of the room and called for everyone's attention.

"thank you all for coming to my coronation. upon request we can begin the ceremony now!" nobody really requested for the coronation to start earlier, but alex was getting bored— and anxious.

——

as alex stood on a platform listening to the ceremony, she took a quick glance at elyse, who was standing beside her. she looked so well put together.

alexandria was brought out of her thoughts when the archbishop gestured for alex to turn to face him. she was met with a golden crown with a gleam so bright she squinted.

"i now present to you," the archbishop placed the crown atop alex's head before she turned to face the people. "queen alexandria."

the crowd bursted into cheers while alex's eyes scanned the room. she felt silly on the platform, like a doll in a toy store; on display for all to see. it wasn't until her eyes met lord technoblades when she was broken from her trance.

he stood in the center of the guests, clapping proudly. despite the mask he wore the queen could tell he was smiling.

after staring a moment too long, she felt herself blushing and walked off of the stage and into the public while festivities began once more.

as she walked to a table to pour herself a drink, she heard shuffling behind her.

"congratulations your highness," technoblade bowed.

"thanks, it was pretty nerve racking." alexandria responded.

"i could tell. you could almost see the beads of sweat developing on your face."

"shut up," the new queen chuckled, allowing her eyes to trace the edge of lord technoblades tassels.

"how many wars i've fought in," he spoke, reading alexandrias mind. her eyes widened slightly as she counted all 14 tassels. however she wasn't surprised, he was the War Lord after all.

"don't you ever get scared? i dunno, after the one i barely fought in the thought of war chills me to the bone. i sometimes think i'm going crazy when i hear things other people don't."

"yeah, it'll do that to you," he answered softly as he stared out into the crowd.

alex sighed before grabbing technoblades hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. this action surprised lord technoblade, but he went along with it.

———

a many hours had passed and alexandria was growing tired. she now understood what techno had meant when he said crowns were heavy. however wearing the solid gold on her head made her feel elegant.

"and what of your father?" an attendant asked.

for the 67th time that night alex repeated herself, "he's in the dungeons."

the lady must've gotten the unspoken message from alex's face because she quickly left the queen alone.

"you okay?" technoblade asked quietly.

"i guess, i'm just tired. and stressed out."

"wanna go outside for a bit? get some air?" he offered.

alex smiled, "yes actually, that sounds nice." with their shoulders pressed together, the pair walked out of the castle and into the cold air. the feeling of the night encased alexandria as she inhaled deeply.

"this is nice," she said, looking up at technoblade who was removing his mask.

fumbling with it in his hands he replied, "yeah, it really is."

the pair stood in silence for a few moments, "when do you have to go back?"

technoblade looked at the queen, "do you want me to leave?"

alex chuckled, "quite the opposite, actually. but i know you have royal duties if your own, and i hate to keep you from them."

"i guess it wouldn't hurt to go back for awhile," he mentioned softly before a smile appeared on his lips, "but i want you to come with me."

alexandrias eyes lit up, "what? when? b-but no i can't. but i want to-"

"just say it's a royal obligation, no one will question you."

alex looked into the stars, "i don't know, i'll have to think about it."

"just for one day, you can check it out like you've always wanted, and i can show you what a typical day in my life would be like," he turned to face her, "please?"

alexandria stared into his auburn eyes for a moment, arguably a moment too long, "i guess— a day off couldn't hurt."

technoblade smiled brightly, pulling alexandria in a tight hug before quickly releasing her.

"sorry, i-i didn't really know what i was thinking-" he was cut off by the feeling of two warm arms wrapped around his torso.

"sometimes," alexandria paused, looking into lord technoblades eyes, "actions speak louder than words."

[word count: 970]

i'm sorry this is kinda bad i wrote most of this while i was tired

discord: https://discord.gg/h6vFguamDJ
(also on my profile)