14- love struck

as the sun peaked over the horizon and shined through the castle windows, alexandria shifted in her bed.

"finally, time to get this over with," the princess mentioned to her cat, chip.

"meow," he responded. alexandria stared at the orange tabby, and wondered if he secretly understood her.

after she rolled out of bed, she walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out the dress she planned to wear; a long royal blue mermaid dress, with puffy shoulders, white lace, and a translucent layer dusted with glitter. it was attention grabbing, but also very mysterious. she was honored to wear it for the same occasion her mother did. (a/n: mermaid dress is referring to the style of dress, see bottom)

alex hung the dress on the top of her door, and grabbed a sweatshirt it was covering. coronation was in 5 hours, and she had some time to kill. she decided eating breakfast wouldn't hurt.

as she walked down the main staircase, she noticed the castle was bustling with servants and janitors who were making the castle look beautiful, and seemingly flawless.

alexandria was greeted far more than she usually was, with many "good mornings" and all of their variations. the baggy pants, slippers and hoodie she wore made her feel very underdressed for the amount of people she was seeing.

walking into the bakery she noticed the assistant baker, getting to work on the cake she decided on. it was a four-tier cake, decorated with edible flowers and blue frosting patterns. she stared at it for awhile before a plate was slid infront of her.

"morning your highness, i'm surprised to see you up this early. you usually tend to sleep in longer when you have royal obligations," marty said with a sarcastic smile.

"morning marty," alexandria said as she sat down at the counter, "wow i got two muffins today? i usually only get one..."

"well, darryl figured you deserved a little extra today, he's in the back making more pastries if you wish to say hello," marty replied, muttering something under his breath as he wiped a small section of frosting of off the cake.

"no thanks, i think i'm gonna head to the library. thanks though, tell darryl i said hello!" alex exclaimed as she shoved a slice of cinnamon toast in her mouth.

after walking through the crowded corridors, she was thankful to see that nobody was in the library. alexandria set her plate of muffins down on a table and went off in search of a book. with a topic in mind, alex shuffled through aisles of old journals donated to the library.

"here we go," the queen-to-be said as she picked up a journal labeled Biomes and Their Exquisite Features.

happy with her selection, she returned back to her table and began to take the wrapper off of a muffin after she opened the journal. scanning through the pages, alexandria settled for reading about swamp biomes.

Swamps
Traveling through the murky green water is far less pleasant than it sounds, and the amount of that bugs swarm your body is far too many. Despite the ugly landscape, you can occasionally find blue orchids— native to only the swampy lands but often found everywhere. These flowers are truly beautiful, but have caution, any direct contact with skin will leave you with a rash that can only be treated with medical attention.

Structure (-1-):
Witches Huts are commonly found in swamp biomes, accompanied with mushrooms and dead grass. Beware, the witch will not hesitate to poison you and a black cat often roams the area. However, a reason worth finding this structure is that it's one of the few places you can find a Potion of Summoning.