19- discussion

"Hello?" Lord technoblade knocked on the queens bedroom door. She hadn't spoken to him in days and he needed to inform her of her fathers situation.

Within an instant, the door was forcefully opened and in front of him stood a girl with disheveled hair and an annoyed look on her face.

"What," she spat.

"Um hi, can I come in?" He asked politely.

"No," she spoke as she began to close the door.

"Don't be that way," he pried, shoving his foot in the door, "you've been avoiding me."

"Glad you've noticed. As you can tell I'm still trying to do that so if you could just go away-" the queen said before she felt a hand on her own.

"How are we supposed to work together if you can't even talk to me," lord technoblade said just above a whisper. He already knew why she wasn't talking to him but there was nothing he could do about it.

"Please. Let me in."

The queen looked at him with a clouded gaze. She slowly nodded as she opened the door more so he could follow her inside. As technoblade walked in, he noticed her room was in a state of disarray. There were cups all over the place and paper scattered everywhere. Countless drawings were sprawled on the floor of various creatures.

"Sorry, it's not as clean as I would like it to be," alexandria said as she sat on her bed, picking at her nails while doing so. Lord technoblade sat beside her, exhaling loudly.

"Alex. Why have you been avoiding me?" He asked cautiously, it seems he's already stressed her enough and he doesn't want to make things worse.

"You're executing him," she said softly.

He sighed loudly, "There's nothing I can do-"

"I know he is a shitty person, and a shitty father but you cant just do that to him," alexandria croaked. Technoblade sat still for a moment before he wrapped  his arm around her waist and pulled her into his chest.  "He doesn't deserve to die— no one does." She cried.

Technoblade thought carefully before he spoke, "No Alexandria, you don't deserve this. You don't deserve to have the pressure of a ruling a nation this young after everything you've been through. You don't deserve having to go through the trauma of war. You don't deserve to have a shitty father who didn't care for you in the slightest. For what he has done, execution is probably the nicest ways for him to go. I heard of the things he did before I met you, and I don't dare speak of them aloud. For your sake, I don't want to have to execute him. But he gave me no choice."

He looked down at the queen while he spoke. "But guess what Alex? You deserve every good thing in this world and I'm so sorry that you never get those good things."

"But I have you," she spoke just so technoblade could hear. His breath hitched as she reciprocated the hug he had been holding her in. "I know you can't do anything to stop his execution, and I'm sorry for blaming you. I'm just really tired. I hope you can forgive me."

"There is nothing for me to forgive," he glanced at the clock on Alex's bedside table. "Why don't you get around for bed and I'll help pick up your room. I'm sure chip isn't too happy about walking on paper."

She nodded and grabbed a change of clothes before moseying into her bathroom.

As the door clicked shut technoblade began to carefully pick up the drawings scattered around the room. He examined every one he picked up, and he smiled as he saw the anatomy of butterflies, rabbits, and other small creatures. There were a few notes that weren't written out to anyone, but he felt that reading those would be an infliction of her privacy. Before she came back, he tidied up her bed so that way she could sleep comfortably.

"Ready for bed?" Lord Technoblade asked as a tired queen walked out of the bathroom.

"Mhm," she responded as she threw her clothes on the floor and plopped herself into bed. As she got comfortable, technoblade lifted the duvet on top of her  and made sure she was warm.

"Goodnight," he said as he bent over and gave Alex a kiss on her forehead.

"Wait," alexandria said as she grabbed his hand. Technoblade stopped and looked at the queen.

"Please stay," she said.

Technoblade mentally weighed his options of what he could do, but he ultimately knew he couldn't leave her after everything that had happened.

"Scoot over," he said kindly. She simply rolled to her left leaving just enough room for technoblade to squeeze into the bed and under the covers. Feeling very constricted, he gently pushed alexandria farther towards the left side of the bed.

Finally comfortable, he said goodnight once more, this time receiving one in return. He turned to face away from the queen, but when he heard quiet snores he flipped himself to face in the opposite direction. He smiled to himself, and slowly snaked an arm around her waist, once more pulling her into his chest.

"I love you, technoblade," the queen said softly.

Taken aback from the sudden statement, he stammered, "I-I love you too, alex."

Not even 5 minutes after those thoughtful words were spoken aloud, the pair was fast asleep. Each receiving some of the best sleep they've had in a long time.

[wc: 927]
:o