20- a proposal

A few weeks had passed since technoblade first woke up next to the queen. Not much has happened since then— is what he would say if he were lying.

The old king had been executed by The Nether Lord himself, making sure he ignored the vile curses the king spat at him before the execution commended. What he said to lord technoblade broke his heart. Words so hurtful toward the people he once ruled, and the land he once called his own. But what broke him the most was what he said about his daughter and late-wife. Technoblade didn't know if he was just saying those things out of spite or if he truly meant them.

Another thing that had happened was that someone tried overthrowing Lord Technoblade while he was in the overworld. Some "idiot" gathered a group of people and tried to ambush him. If they had fighting experience technoblade would've registered them as a good test of strength. Despite being a pathetic match for him, he still couldn't believe that people thought of him weak enough to be overthrown.

One other thing that is worth mentioning is that technoblades visits to Alexandria's bedroom had been very frequent and important. It almost seemed as if she was losing her sparkle. Her morales seemed to slip her mind as she drew all day.

~

"Maybe I'm not cut out to be queen," she told him while drawing a picture of a finch. Technoblade sat across from her, examining her sketch.

"Why do you say that?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"Because I'm not strong enough."

"That's bullshit, you're the strongest person I've ever known."

"You don't need to lie to make me feel better," she stated bluntly.

"Okay fine, I definitely know quite a few guys who would beat you in an arm wrestling match," this earned a laugh from the queen, "but they are not nearly as strong as you are mentally."

"Look at me now, I cant be that strong if I've been having you take care of the place the last few weeks. I can't even be bothered to clean up after myself."

"Don't say that," he spoke. He couldn't help but think of what her fathers last words were,

"My city will crumble under the rule of my pathetic daughter. She's so lazy and selfish and I wouldn't be surprised if the townsfolk turn on her like they did to me. She is worthless and she has never made her mother proud-"

Lord Technoblade stopped his rambling by officiating the execution then and there.

"It's true. To be honest, I don't even know why you stick around here anymore. You have a nation you have to run, you can't run yours and mine at the same time."

"You just don't get it do you," he laughed. "I would rather be overthrown in the nether than to leave you to rule this place alone."

Alexandria looked up at him, confusion in her eyes.

"Alex, I am so in love with you that I could never just up and leave you. Until you are well, I won't be leaving you."

"I don't even know what to say," she said, holding back tears.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same-"

"No it's not that. I love you so much," she sniffled, "I just don't want to keep crying in front of you."

He smiled, "why don't you get changed and we can go for a walk outside?"

"That would be really nice, but first," she blew her nose, "I need to pick up the broken pieces."