9- voices in the wind

"and then i walked into the house, saw footprints on the floor, and found the princess sleeping in your bed. it felt like a fairy tale i was told when i was younger," tommy explained. he had told technoblade everything that had happened since he had left. all lord technoblade had to tell was tommy why he took off— and why he came back.

"so uh, now it's your turn," tommy mentioned, "why did you leave?"

an awkward silence filled the air as the two stopped walking atop a hill overlooking the snowy plains.

technoblade cleared his throat, "it was my time to go back. there was an openin'— for uh, a new leader to rise, and i decided that leader was going to be me. in that time, i had fought my way to the top, and assumed the role of 'king.' and the reason i'm back— like i said earlier— is because of the war. i also needed to apologize to you."

"hm. so how long will you two be staying? like, at the cabin?" tommy asked. he leaned up against a tree and let his back slide down to the ground.

"a few days probably. there's no way of informin' the kingdom where we are, and i didn't expect alex to fall in a lake-"

"so what you're saying is you could be here awhile," tommy cut him off. technoblade looked down at the boy, deciding what he was going to say next.

"potentially, but probably not. we have to figure out a way to notify King George about our situation."

tommy made a face at the words "King George."

"and how are we supposed to do that?" the young boy asked.

"i have a plan."

———

meanwhile, alexandria got 84 minutes of sleep before she decided she was going to get up. she had already examined the area inside, so for now she wanted to explore the exterior of the house and the land around it.

pulling on the trail boots she wore when she arrived, alex noticed technoblades cloak was laying by the fire. she walked over to it and noticed it was dry to the touch. with a smug look on her face, she draped it over her shoulders and fumbled with the clasp before hearing it snap in place. right before opening the door, alex turned her head to see her reflection in the gleam of her axe. she chuckled to herself before placing the handle in one of her belt loops.

as she made her way outside, she took notice to her surroundings. there were a few hills around, accompanied by the occasional tree, and what appeared to be a village in the distance. alex began to walk towards it, when she heard a voice in the wind.

"alex."

in an instant, she whipped her head around in the direction it came from, only to see no one. with an uneasy feeling in her stomach, she turned in the direction of the village, and began to walk towards it.

"alexandria."

the princess stopped walking once more, and took a step back. she was unsure of who was calling her name, and she didn't entertain the thought of finding out.

"where are you alexandria?"

the last question was enough for her to run back inside in a nervous sweat. she threw herself into the room and ran her fingers through her hair.

she hesitantly opened the door, and peered out of the crack, almost as if she expected someone to be there. when alex saw no one, she tip-toed out of the house and ran all the way to the village.

———

"is this that lake alexandria fell in?" tommy asked, peering into the hole.

"yes, now get back." technoblade grabbed his old roommate by the coat and pulled him away from the weak ice.

"i'll have to update our map."

"my map."

"no, you left. so technically, it's my map but i call it ours." tommy spat. the pair began to walk back to the cabin they once shared.

technoblade sighed, "i didn't have a choice-"

"yes you did!"

"no tommy, i didn't! i have a life too! i didn't come to the overworld to babysit," technoblade said angrily.

"that's not fair." tommy muttered. he stared off into the house they were approaching, and thought about the words that were currently coming out of his mouth.

"hey, you see those too, right?"

"uhhhhhh, nope."

"technoblade— theres footprints."

"well obviously, we're wearin' shoes-"

"no you idiot," tommy said running up to the door, "these aren't ours."

"they lead to the village," technoblade said to no one in particular, before he started walking.

"where are you going?" tommy asked

"to the village, are ya comin' or not?"

the blonde groaned, and jogged after his ex-roommate.

———

"um, no thank you," alexandria said as she brushed past a villager. this was the third time she's been approached by one of the humanoids.

as the princess wandered around the village, she desperately wished she brought a journal with her. there were so many things she wanted to take note of; the different jobs, the currency, even the golem that protected the village from hostile mobs.

"six bread for an emerald!" a villager shouted in her face. before she could respond, a cat rubbed up against her leg and caused her to yelp.

"ugh, just leave me alone," she responded to the villager. she only had three emeralds, and planned on purchasing a book and quill from a cartographer.

however, after 20 minutes of searching, she didn't find one, and began to make her way home, that is until she heard bickering from her right.

"no i'm serious, just kill the golem! you can get iron from it!!"

"no tommy, who would protect the—" technoblade stopped when he saw the princess, "alex, what are you doing here?"

"i was bored," she commented, "also i can't find a stupid cartographer for my life."

"c'mon," technoblade chuckled and grabbed alexandria's hand and led her back to their cabin. usually the princess would have protested, but there was something about lord technoblade that made her feel safe.

[word count: 1046]

i had a different ending for this chapter, but it was really bad, so enjoy a little filler ending. also it took me four episodes of icarly to write the last half of this chapter—