7- freezing

with a gentle shake, technoblade woke alexandria from her slumber.

"no chip, i'll feed you when i get up," she mumbled

with a puzzled look, technoblade said, "uh, i don't know who chip is, but i know i don't need feeding."

the princess abruptly sat up with a gasp, and looked around, "wha- where?"

"hey- hey- hey- take it easy, we gotta get goin' now, we have another hour of walkin'. we got a lot farther than i anticipated yesterday, so," technoblade offered his hand to the princess. she took it, and made sure she had all of her belongings, including the cloak tied around her body.

"so how far do we have to walk?"

"another thousand blocks or so, it's a real nice place, and i think you'll like it. i hope it's not too run down, but i haven't the slightest clue how long it's been since anyone's been in there," technoblade mentioned.

"what did you use it for?" the princess asked.

"well, my mother was a human, and the land the cabin is on the land my mothers house used to sit on."

"cabin you say?" alex smirked

"uh, yeah. sorta. it's nice."

silence engulfed the two as they continued to walk through the trees. they were approaching a snowy clearing, sprinkled with trees every now and then.

alex cleared her throat, "if its so nice, why did you abandon it?"

technoblade sighed, "well, at the time i wasn't a 'king' yet, but i was still high up on the hierarchy. i decided take a break from the nether, seeing as its extremely dry and ashy, so i set out for my mothers old house. i tore it down, and i rebuilt. after the building process, i found this guy. he uh—" technoblade paused before clearing his throat, "but um, i had to leave because anarchy was present in the nether hierarchy, and it was my time to come out on top."

alexandria hummed processing what technoblade said. meanwhile, it seemed they were close because technoblade recognized the surroundings. the more you walked through the clearing, the more uneasy you felt.

"just a little more walkin', and we should be-"

"technoblade," alex said. fear laced throughout her voice.

he stopped walking and looked back on the princess who was lagging behind, "you okay?"

alexandria's breathing quickened as she felt movement beneath her. "technoblade— i think," she heard cracking underneath her feet, "technoblade this is ice-"

technoblade shouted her name as she plunged through the ice. as the coldness spread rapidly throughout her body, she opened her eyes to see darkness beneath her. alex was in such shock that she didn't react at all, she just let herself linger deeper into the abyss.

lord technoblade panicked after seeing her fall into the ice. he was scared falling in himself, but he couldn't screw around. he carefully walked to the hole, and saw her drifting farther into the darkness. he knew she was too far in to just grab her, so he did the only thing he thought to do; he dove in.

as the icy water encased him, he pushed off of the ice and deeper into the water. he opened his eyes and saw alex, who was currently unconscious. technoblade swam toward the princess at a rapid pace, until he was able to grab her arms and pull her to the surface.

immediately he pushed her atop the ice, hoping it would hold before he resurfaced and moved her. after he got out of the frigid water, he set her on dry land for a few moments to feel for a pulse.

"c'mon, c'mon where is it?" he felt all around her jawline until he felt the faint throbbing. he sighed gratefully before bringing her limp person into his arms, and running toward the plume of smoke in the distance.

[word count: 653]

THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT IM SORRYYY

discord: https://discord.gg/h6vFguamDJ
(also on my profile)