13- sunset viewings

the princess woke from the bustling sounds in the medical room; nurses brushing by her bed, opening and closing cabinets, and talking to other patients.

she turned to her right to see a nurse tending to a gash near lord technoblades shoulder. alex could tell he was wincing a lot, despite wearing a mask. she wondered if he ever took it off.

when the nurse turned around, alexandria quickly shut her eyes, pretending she was asleep. both technoblade and the nurse knew otherwise.

"morning your highness," the nurse spoke, "could you please lay on your stomach?"

alexandria complied, "ugh, i hope this doesn't hurt- AHHHH! jesus hell why does it burn so much!"

the nurse chuckled, "we stitched you up last night while you were sleeping. we need to clean your back and leg regularly."

"is it gonna scar?" the princess asked. she really hoped it wouldn't.

"most definitely. if your back received immediate medical attention, that wouldn't have scarred, but since you waited, the arrow lodged itself deeper and deeper into your skin. also i would be surprised if your leg didn't scar. was a deep gash, fire aspect didn't help either." the nurse informed. alexandria sighed.

"y'know, if it makes ya feel better, i'm gonna have a scar runnin' from the side of my neck down to my collarbone," technoblade mentioned, showing the princess the scar. she winced.

"when can we get out?" alexandria asked the nurse tending to her.

"well typically i would say a few days, but seeing as you have more important things to do than take care of yourself, you're free to go now," the nurse spat before technoblade got up.

the two royals walked out of the medical room, unsure of where to go next. in this time, alexandria did a lot of self reflection. she wondered if she was the right choice to be the new queen. what would they think of her? would they live in fear that she would end up like her father? or would they support her, despite all of the wrongdoings the old king has allowed.

"—earth to alex?" technoblade stopped and waved his hand infront of the princesses eyes, causing her to jump in surprise.

"huh?"

"i think we should go in the dinin' hall. there's probably someone here who knows what to do." technoblade gestured at the room in front of them.

"okay, i'll go in. try to locate nick and see if they found tommy. meet me at the east garden later?" she suggested.

"great, see ya then." the lord said as he continued walking through the halls. the princess sighed and pushed the doors open that led into the dining hall.

as she walked in, she noticed how empty it was. the only people in there were the "royal janitors," who didn't do much anyways on a good day. while she continued to walk around, she saw a paper at the far end of the table. when alexandria investigated more, she saw it was a flyer for her own coronation.

"tomorrow at noon," alex read aloud, "why did everyone else know about my coronation when i didn't?" the princess placed the paper back on the table and started to walk out.

"if it makes you feel better your highness, i wasn't even invited," one of the janitors called.

the princess turned around, "well, you're welcome to come to the ceremony if you'd like."

"but-but princess, only royalty and invitees can go to events as special as these," the janitor replied.

alexandria paused, staring at the janitors. on her face was a look of sadness, mixed with sympathy.