6- so it begins

throughout the night, the two royals slayed monsters of all sorts. technoblade happily gave the princess some fighting advice, and she gave him access to the spawner whenever he wanted to use it.

it wasn't until they saw the sun peak over the horizon that they decided to go home. the pair walked through the grassy plains biomes, until they reached the castle walls once again. they repeated the motion they practiced earlier; technoblade lifting alexandria over the wall, which lead to her throwing him the rope.

"so, is this what you do every night?" technoblade asked.

"recently yeah, with the impending war i figured i needed some practice at least," alexandria sighed. the war was a big weight on her shoulders, and in a few short days, she may or may not be queen; depending on when the antebellum ends.

as the duo appeared in the east gardens, they heard sirens in the distance.

"what in the-" technoblade stopped as alexandria slowly walked further infront of him. her head whipped towards the castle, specifically the blocked off entrances.

"technoblade we need to go!" she shouted

technoblade didn't ask questions as she sprinted back towards the wall. after throwing her over, he stopped at the top of the fortification and saw enemy flanks approach the castle head on.

alexandria led the man to a thick tree, and the two stopped to catch their breath.

"alex," technoblade huffed

"they're here. they're actually here. what are we to do? the castle is on lockdown by now," she pressed her hands into her scalp as she sat down by the tree, "they have no idea where i— we are. there's no way to get back into the castle, and if the end city troops see us, they'll kill us on sight."

alexandria placed her head in her hands and cried softly. she didn't care about the man who was watching down on her in awe.

***

"at the sound of sirens, you are to head to the cellars."

"father what if i can't make it to the cellars?"

"then you will die, alexandria."

"b-but where in the cellars? there are so many mazes and rooms-"

"your mothers study. i hope you will know what to do from there. it's been left untouched since her passing, and you are the only one she left it to. once the sirens go off, the castle will go on lockdown until the immediate threat dissipates. do you understand me?"

"yes father."

***

technoblade watched as the princess broke down. he didn't really know what to do, but they didn't have time to waste anymore.

"alexandria, there is a place we can go— for now. it's a two-day journey, and if we don't stop to rest, it's one day at the earliest," said technoblade before he offered his hand to the princess. she reluctantly took it, and gathered her composure.

"we don't have any supplies though. no food, no weapons other than your axe-"

"we can go to the mob farm to get your axe and we can loot a few villages. but we have to leave now," technoblade said as he began to walk in the direction of "the safe house," as he liked to call it.

the duo was careful to walk unnoticed by the end city troops, making sure to avoid the open areas. it wasn't until the sun set that they decided to take a break.