Death Metal

The next morning, the young Maximoff girl made sure she was decent before leaving her room to have breakfast. It was there that her parents discovered her with a completely new attire which left them gobsmacked at Iris altering her look to something more emo. The black eyeliner and lipstick added to her new look as well as having the side of her head shaved. Though the black attire wasn't anything new, it did strike some similarity to someone who both women encountered in the past with similar attire. Gianna quickly became silent about her daughter's new looks whereas Wanda was left to question her sudden change. 

"I've decided to go for a more, dissentient approach." Iris answered without meeting the eyes of her mothers. 

"Why, child? What game are you playing?" Gianna questioned. 

The young girl shrug her shoulders at them as she had breakfast while her brother gave no negative regard to his sister's new style. While Gianna and Wanda didn't fully approve of this, they kept the matter to themselves so to let the morning progress as normally as possible before Gianna would take Iris and William to school. Upon arrival outside the front of the school, Gianna bid her children a fortuitous day before returning to work. With her earphones in, Iris paid little to no attention to anyone staring at her until she reunited with her friends, in which she suddenly changed but kept her new attitude to fit with her appearance. 

"What's with the new getup, Maximoff?" One of her friends greeted her as the other two gave somewhat positive reviews to her rebellious nature. 

"Just... trying new things. I mean, how else am I gonna show Joan that I'm someone not to be messed with?" Iris answered with a deeper voice than usual. 

Jennifer, Rachael and Kathy all raised their eyebrows at the black-haired girl. While she had the chance, Iris produced the strange book from her bag and showed it to her friends, all of whom studied the front page which laid no resemblance to them at all. 

"W-What? It, it came from one of your bags." Iris protested. 

"Not mine," answered Jennifer. 

"Not mine," said Kathy. 

Rachael shook her head. "Certainly not mine." 

"So you're telling me that nobody knows who this book belongs to? Nobody can tell me who Mojo is?" Iris questioned persistently. 

Her friends all gave the same answer. Iris sighed heavily and put the book back in her back. Once the school bell rang, the girls commenced their day at school. Meanwhile, William Maximoff was given no attention of the sort from any of his classmates as he sat at the front of the class where those that threw paper at him could get away with the bullying. While his teacher failed to apprehend the culprits, William felt alone despite being unaware there was somebody who felt bad for the young man. The paper that hit his head, he picked up off the floor before unravelling it so to find what tolerable note from the bullies was displayed, only instead, it was just one word: redrum. 

Curious as to who threw the paper, William looked over his shoulder for anybody that even seemed remotely suspicious of disrupting his learning until his teacher called him to read aloud the word to the class. Now that William has the attention of the fourteen girls and twelve boys, he felt not a bit nervous, but more so confused as to what the word meant. Upon saying the word aloud, a quick shuffling sound occurred, where he came to realise his classmates were absent as well as his teacher. The lights in the class went dead as only the sunlight illuminated the room. William became confused at the strange game being played as deep down he felt it was more than just a game. Slowly, he walked out of his classroom to peer his head out the door down either hall. 

While the time period was where other classes were in session, it was stranger that there was an eerie silence that took over. As William stood in the middle of the hall, he decided to search the other classrooms, only to find them all abandoned also. A superstitious apparition dashed out of sight, easily avoiding William's glare. Cautiously, William wandered the halls for the classroom his sister was suspected to be in with hopes that she hadn't disappeared mysteriously like the other students. Footsteps clapped up the hall behind him, startling William to an unidentified figure walking quickly over to him. Though he couldn't make out their face, all he could distinguish was the slim, feminine figure of the person approaching him that was a little taller than he as William raised his fists, ready for a fight when the person spoke his name.