Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Midgard, Earth

It was the fifth month of the year, 2012. Earth had begun new advances of sorts to combat that of alien technology far superior to that of what Earth - also known as Midgard or Terra - lacked. A group of heroes known as the Avengers were now acquainted with Gianna's uncle, after word got out that the God of Mischief had made a grand appearance to S.H.I.E.L.D, more so a shocking revelation to that of his brother knowing his presence on Midgard was not coincidental. 

While Gianna's presence remained disclosed, Thor was keen to interrogate his brother when he had the chance, despite everyone part of the Avengers in the middle of an argument with each other over Loki's schemes. In the containment room where the villain, Loki, resided, his rival came along to pay him a visit. The circumstances were not acquainted with neither Asgardian, seeing as how Thor always saw his brother as his equal - never thought they'd see the day where they would stand opposite each other with a thick glass wall separating either sibling. 

"Oh, brother... where have our paths crossed the wrong cat?" Thor sighed with a shake of his head as his breath slightly fogged the glass containing his sibling. 

Loki chuckled sarcastically and spat heinously. "You buffoon. We are not brothers. Never have, nor will we ever. I, am no son of Odin. He stole me from my home, turned me into something I'm not; I am the son of Laufey, an abominal Frost Giant. I lived, in your shadow, for so long... The 'all-powerful' and 'all-mighty' Thor. You and all your might, and all your strength, that you could never put aside for one day, for me!" 

"Damn you, Loki. Let me help you--" 

"Oh, oh now you wish to help me! Now you notice me! All the years we spent together, all the years I lived in your shadow, you and Odin made me this way! And I will always hate you for it!" 

"And what of your daughter?! Where does she lie - in captivity, on a distant planet, a place where she cannot fend for herself, a rotting corpse to decompose in the soil?!" 

"I never truly loved her! She is a mere instrument of chaos! Why would I want something like that?!" 

"SHE IS YOUR DAUGHTER!!" 

"SHE MEANS NOTHING TO ME!! NONE OF YOU DO!! I WANT WHAT'S RIGHTFULLY MINE... me, on the throne of Asgard; everyone kneeling before me as king, and your head on a golden platter while I rule the Nine Realms forever, with Midgard as my playground." 

Thor glared at his brother through the glass covered with their spit and breath as both men's faces slowly paled from the red on their faces from screaming at one another. Before the blonde man could leave to avoid any further pain, his brother left him with one last remark, swearing that he would one day avenge his soulmate, even if it meant sacrificing his own daughter in the process. Heartbroken, Thor stormed off to vent his rage on something non-artificial or something metal. 

While the heroes shared thoughts on where their Asgardian ally could be, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D produced live footage of an ordeal between both Asgardian brothers as their feud escalated quickly. 

Loki raised his voice so all heroes gathered in the lab could hear with clear visual direction of the on goings on in the containment wing. "... son of Laufey, an abominal Frost Giant. I lived, in your shadow, for so long... The 'all-powerful' and 'all-mighty' Thor. You and all your might, and all your strength, that you could never put aside for one day, for me!" 

"Damn you, Loki. Let me help you--"

For a man whose alter ego was a raging monster, Bruce Banner could not fathom the conflict between both Gods as he now had another thing to fear angering, while Earth's smartest man contemplated a contingency to contain such a berserk hammer-wielding God. 

"Oh, oh now you wish to help me! Now you notice me! All the years we spent together, all the years I lived in your shadow, you and Odin made me this way! And I will always hate you for it!"

"And what of your daughter?! Where does she lie - in captivity, on a distant planet, a place where she cannot fend for herself, a rotting corpse to decompose in the soil?!" Thor shot back, his fists clenched so tightly that even his durable skin could not bear his own nails to dig into his palms. 

"I never truly loved her! Gianna is a mere instrument of chaos! Why would I want something like that?!"

Saying something so vile ached the hearts of all witnessing the ordeal, one in particular, an orange-haired woman let out a faint gasp as her hand came up to her mouth, half covering it as her eyes became glassy at how evil the man they arrested was. 

"SHE IS YOUR DAUGHTER!!"

"SHE MEANS NOTHING TO ME!! NONE OF YOU DO!! I WANT WHAT'S RIGHTFULLY MINE... me, on the throne of Asgard; everyone kneeling before me as king, and your head on a golden platter while I rule the Nine Realms forever, with Midgard as my playground." 

The footage closed, granting the Avengers a new perspective of what kind of monster of a man was in their custody. The director himself even commented on how ill-equipped Earth was and that any form of an alien invasion would annihilate their planet, ultimately submitting the people of Earth to slavery or death. 

"He has a daughter? Since when did this guy have a kid? I just hope she's not as mislead as this guy," commented one Avenger. 

"If we knew who or where she was, how would we know whose allegiance she was on - does she follow her old man, or does she have other plans?" Another questioned. 

"We won't know unless we find out. Start searching. Report once you find something." Captain America commanded. 

"Since when were you in charge? I don't see you with high level clearance. We're looking for the Tesseract, not some man hunt to see if some little girl likes her mommy or daddy." The Director replied snarkily. 

"Hey. She's probably just a kid." 

"A kid with a homicidal maniac of a father. He killed eighty people in two days. How do you think she'd fare if she wound up in New York or London or Shanghai? Endless body counts. Do you think we can contain that? We managed to contain him." 

"Yeah, but he didn't put up a fight. He wanted to get caught." 

"Which is why I'm sending in Romanoff to find out what he's up to. If the big guy can't talk him into it, maybe one of my best agents can, 'Captain'." 

The short-haired blonde man in a blue suit paused before agreeing to his conditions. The woman present in the room composed herself and strutted off to complete her new task. Along the way, she came across the God of Thunder. Every thought of what she wanted to say escaped her mind now that she was in his presence. Both exchanged glances, but nothing of any form of comfort was given as Thor sought to supply himself with news of what was to happen to his brother while the woman sought to interrogate his brother by any other means than physical pain, rather manipulation. But what nobody expected was for Loki's allies to save him and use that of the Incredible Hulk as the other big distraction.