Deception

To her disappointment, her soulmate never came to see her the next evening. Fortunately, Gianna was not able to think long on the matter as she was able to take lessons with her mother on casting illusions much like her father used to. Quickly, Gianna learnt her new-found skill and adjusted to casting an illusion of an alternate appearance as to test herself if she could contain the spell long. To her delight, she was able to do so before taking challenges from her mother before she thrilled her daughter in returning to New York with her. Despite her gains not yet being fully clear, Gianna blindly obliged in promising to show her mother where her uncle resided, in the Avengers Tower that was previously Stark Tower.

Upon their arrival at the bottom of the Avengers Tower, she and her mother entered the building with relative ease after fooling the receptionist that Tony Stark had returned in the luxury company of a blonde woman before being able to hack their way to a party room that was absent of the presence of any guests or heroes.

"So this is the home of the famous Avengers, is it, darling?" Amora asked in a honeyed voice.

"Apparently so. I'm afraid I know not where uncle Thor is. I only know this is the base of his operations." Gianna responded sluggishly as she returned to her own form.

"How do you find Midgard?"

"It's, it's something. Much less advanced technology-wise in the sense of defences. But I have reason that Tony Stark and his Avengers are a force to be reckoned with. With the might of Thor and the rage of the Hulk, it seems quite unstoppable with those two super powers."

"Care for a drink, my dear? You are old enough to drink, no?"

"I'm twenty in human years, mother. I'd say that's enough."

"Hm, mm. Very well. Try some of this... Jack."

Gianna giggled and wandered over to the bar where her mother stood and accepted a glass. "I'll have you know that Jack Daniel's my favourite beverage."

"And after that wretched flight and being forced to wear those tight Midgardian clothes for two days was abysmal. I could use a drink."

Gianna giggled.

"And how is your uncle, Thor, these days? Still up himself?"

"He's changed. For the better, I think."

"And what of Frigga and Odin?"

Sadness fell upon the younger woman, the memory of her grandmother being murdered still haunted her. Amora hadn't realised what effect this took on her daughter until she began to break down in tears. While she was there to comfort her, Amora stroked the back of her daughter's head and began to sing a lullaby to soothe her pain.

"There, there. Mother's here." Amora cooed as she gave the girl a tight squeeze.

A ruckus was made outside of the entertainment lounge, the sounds of voices being carries out from afar which alerted the two women to hide behind the bar as that ruckus brought much bartering and the sounds of a fight breaking out.

"Wait!" The women heard someone yell when a surge of lightning was blasted at a cradle.

"Is that him? Thor?" Amora muttered as she dared to peek her head above the bar.

A body flew through the lounge, it's course directed for a window until it stopped itself midair as it gazed through the glass at the City That Never Sleeps. Both Goddesses watched intently as the Avengers - minus Natasha - and Wanda and her brother conversed with the android. It was quite peculiar for Gianna to watch her uncle explain something completely insane.

"I wonder what these Infinity Stones are? By Odin's beard! It's her! It's Wanda! I wonder what she's doing here?" Gianna pondered.

Unknowingly, Gianna's thoughts were heard loud and clear by the brunette who shot her head in the direction in which the voices were coming from and spotted two heads peeking over the bar which immediately dropped down. The mood of the conversation instantly went dead as the captain of the team called out the intruders. Everyone went to relative ease when they discovered - thanks to Thor's delight - that Gianna was his niece, but less pleased to see the blonde woman known better as the Enchantress.

"It's, good to see you, Amora. Pray tell, what are you doing on Midgard?" This spoke with a false sweetness.

"Oh, my dear, Thor... I thought you would be glad to see me! It's, orgasmic to be in your company again, O God of Thunder." Amora said flirtatiously I'm a teasing manner that made Gianna gag. "No. I'm simply accompanying Gianna here for some, mother-daughter bonding. Aren't you surprised. Or did you forget who the father was?"

Thor's intimidation never failed to frighten Amora as he stared her down and clenched his jaw.

"Don't... blaspheme his name, again." Thor snarled.

"Oh, so they don't know?"

"Don't... she doesn't need to know."

"Don't need to know what?" Gianna piped up.

Amora gave Thor a look that practically said, 'tell her or I will'. Everyone watched and listened closely as the feuding was opened to the heroes and Gianna and her soulmate and her sibling.

Thor mustered all his strength to make eye contact with his niece before saying, "Loki... is not, your father. I am."

As if the biggest bombshell had gone off, Gianna felt her whole world shake. As her legs gave way, Wanda was quick to intercept and caught her with her arms rather than just using her magic on instinct. When both women noticed the compromising position they were in, they both resisted the urge to kiss their soulmate, especially with the rest of the team watching. Wanda helped Gianna back up to her feet so she could get things clear with her father.

"A-And why is it that I posses my fa--uncle's hair, and not yours?" Gianna questioned.

"That's one of the things we failed to find an answer to," said Amora. "We - meaning Allfather and I - believe it's some sort of curse. In other words, fateful that you were born from one of the Infinity Ingots."

"That's a little trite, isn't it?" Someone commented.

"And yet, all the real as it can get. Gianna is something special, and that's not being said because she carries the traits of my beauty. I'm only kidding. She's a beautiful young woman with the power to trench a football field in mere seconds. I have been on Earth long enough to know there are other people like Gianna, like her soulmate, like all of us. We need to unite and stop Ultron's plan to decimate Midgard."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... Did you say, 'soulmate?' " The archer of the team stopped the conversation suddenly.

"Yes. The Witch, scarlet, is her soulmate. Now, captain, would you please indulge us in where to find Ultron?"

The captain nodded her way and obliged in telling everyone to suit up to make their course for Sokovia where Ultron would be waiting for them with his army.