When You Have A Bad Day

May, 2016

Unintentionally, the Scarlet Witch caused mayhem. A fire created so unexpectedly that a panic was created. Quickly, Gianna scrambled to help put out the fire when a fire extinguisher put out the flame that nearly burnt down the kitchen of the Avengers Estate. Relief flushed over them as Steve gave the two women a reassuring smile before resuming his task of rehydrating himself after his morning run with new recruit, Sam Wilson.

"And this is why you should not put such a flammable sauce on the chicken, darling." Gianna scolded her girlfriend lightly.

"Do you want it to taste nice or not?" Wanda countered.

"It was by your recommendation that I try your famous chicken paprikash, my dear. I only agreed for this to happen. Next time, just put the sauce in after the meal is ready."

Wanda sighed, "I still don't know how Natasha does it."

"Next time, darling. FRIDAY, do tell everyone that dinner is ready to be served."

"Of course, Miss Stockholm." An A.I responded quickly.

"Where did you get the idea of having Stockholm as your surname?"

Gianna shrugged her shoulders as she started to feed the chicken paprikash into bowls that Wanda levitated to the dinner table where everyone was to assemble at. After dinner, everyone retreated to their rooms for the remainder of the night. When morning came, Gianna felt downhearted when she heard that she could not accompanying her friends to complete a mission in Lagos. She was left with the decision to either stay at the compound with Vision or accompany Tony for a conference at a university. She chose the latter.

A helicopter waited for both heroes as they were taken across America. Not that she didn't enjoy the ride, it was the constant fear of something going wrong and the helicopter malfunctioned. Fortunately, the ride to the university came quickly after half an hour. Despite not being the invited guest, Tony made sure that Gianna was by his side the whole time until he got on stage to address the captive audience by displaying his memory of his parents the day they were due to go to an airport on December 16th, 1991. 

At the conclusion of the augmented simulation, Gianna lost her interest in what was Tony building hope for the students and their funded projects when she noticed him in a similar form of stage fright. Tony quickly said his goodbyes and took his time walking off stage as to not act suspicious. One of his secretaries reported some findings to him as the manager responsible for hosting Tony sucked up to him while Tony did everything to ignore him as Gianna followed her companion out the back towards an elevator where a woman was waiting for them. 

The woman produced a false smile and began to speak to Tony, ignoring the black-haired woman watching intently. "That was nice, what you did for those young people." 

"Uh, they deserve it. Plus, it helps to ease my conscience." Tony responded with a lazy voice. 

"They say there's a correlation between generosity and guilt. But... you got the money."

"Break as many eggs as you like." 

"Are you going up?"

"I'm right where I want to be." 

Precariously, Tony snatched the hand of the woman that was rummaging around in her purse until she stopped and stared wide-eyed at the billionaire genius. 

"Occupational hazard." Tony apologised and let her resume rummaging around her purse when she produced a picture of a young man of the same colour as her. 

"I work for the State Department - Human Resources. I know it's boring, but it enabled me to raise a son. I'm very proud of what he grew up to be. His name was Charlie Spencer. You murdered him, in Sokovia. Not that that matters in the least to you. You think you fight for us? You just fight for yourself. Who's going to avenge my son, Stark? He's dead. And what do you so-called heroes really save if people still die?" 

Now that what she had come to do was complete, the woman walked off down the corridor. Though Gianna didn't carry as much guilt as Tony did, she could sympathise enough to know what it was like to lose a loved one. 

"Tony, are you alright?" Gianna asked caringly as the two entered the elevator. 

Tony smiled reassuringly at her but refused to say a word as the elevator took them upwards to the helipad where they would catch the helicopter back to the Avengers compound. An irksome feeling overwhelmed Gianna to feel her heart tremble equally to that of her soulmate feeling a deep pain. She felt close to struggling to breathe when Tony asked her if she was alright. All she could answer with, was for the two to get back to the compound as quickly as possible, knowing something was deeply concerning her soulmate. 

Out of all of Wanda's bad days, this might've had to have been her worst to date. Not only did she cause destruction and claim the lives of multiple innocents, but the media abused her and called her monster and demanded that she be locked up forever. As if she couldn't feel any sadder, her soulmate was not present to comfort her at that moment until later that afternoon when Gianna walked into her room and found her girlfriend sitting naked in their bathtub, visibly shaken by that day's recent events. 

Gianna knelt beside Wanda outside the bathtub and reached her hand for Wanda's. "Wanda, darling? My love, is anything the matter? Talk to me. What happened?" 

Wanda refused to say anything as her misery was beyond comprehensible to the Goddess. 

"Darling, speak to me. What ails you?" 

The brunette finally remembered where she was and began to re-enact her emotions and broke down in front of her girlfriend. 

"I, I k-k-killed them... I-I-I'm a m-m-m-monster..." Wanda sobbed. 

"What? No! You did not! I know you, Wanda. You would not take their lives intentionally. It's not your fault." Gianna argued. 

"But I did! You don't deserve me..." 

Wanda slammed her fists no the water, splashing water which wet Gianna. 

"Yes, I do. You're my soulmate. And I will not allow anyone to touch you or hurt you. I cannot sit here and allow you to feel miserable about yourself. You're Wanda Maximoff. The most powerful Avenger and the most sweet, caring, loving person in the world - in the universe, even! - and if anyone else says otherwise, they are surely mistaken. You did not intentionally kill those people. It was merely a split-second decision that which you were forced to commit something terrible yet you saved many, many more. If you hadn't stopped that bomb, you, Steve, Natasha, Sam, and other civilians would now be dead. How do you think I would feel if I suddenly felt your heart stop? If I felt your life force cease, it would destroy me. But you're here. You did what you could to save those people. And I adore you for that. By Odin's beard, Mimir knows you've tried. Heaven beyond, you've given everything in to redeeming yourself." 

Wanda thought that Gianna would think her weak and miserable. Gianna didn't fully prove her otherwise until she leaned over and kissed the brunette on her wet cheek. Touched by the gesture, Wanda became somewhat happier and returned the love by forcing Gianna into a rough kiss. Shocked by this, Wanda realised that doing such a thing was probably not the right move until Gianna clapped her cheeks and crashed her lips against hers which escalated quickly as the two women made out profusely, only stopping momentarily so that she could remove her clothes and join her in the bathtub.