The Trial Of Loki Laufeyson

Asgard

Out of all the people Gianna had witnessed get put to trial for their cries against the crown and Asgard, Gianna never thought she would ever watch one of them be her father. The All father watched with displeasure as he watched his son escort the other towards him. With six guards keeping Loki company, he was given freedom from the encircled group of Asgardian guards so to converse with his father. Loki raised his hands up, the chains of his restrains rattled as Gianna was present to hear out his trial. 

"I really don't see what all the fuss is about," said Loki as he broke character. 

"Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes?" Odin questioned. "Wherever you go, there is war, ruin and crime." 

"I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent God - just like you." 

"We are not Gods. We're born, we live, we die. Just as humans do." 

"Give or take five thousand years." Loki said as he glanced over at his daughter and added, "For most of us that is." 

"That's enough. All of this because Loki desires a throne." 

"It is my birthright!" 

"YOUR BIRTHRIGHT... was to die! As a child, cast out onto a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in, you would not be here now to hate me. Nor would your daughter, be here to worship your brother and adore you too." 

"Oh please. If I'm for the axe, then for mercy's sake, just... swing it." 

Heartbroken, Gianna became greatly saddened and ran off while she could before breaking into tears along the way. While Loki was still half-focused on his daughter running away and his conversation with his father, he recomposed himself and fully faced the man sitting on his throne. 

"It's not that I don't love our little talks, it's just... I don't love them." Loki said coldly. 

"Frigga and Gianna are the only reason you're still alive. And you will never see them again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeon." 

Shocked by this, Loki stared somewhat betrayed by this. Now knowing Thor's duty to fix the damage he'd caused before being made king, Loki was sent off to the dungeons along with other lowly criminals who were lucky to be given a life sentence rather than an execution. After the return of her uncle, Gianna seemed falsely pleased to see him as her visit to her father remained strictly forbidden. 

Stories told of her grandfather and his father's adventures were well known to Gianna. Now, she was one to soon experience the might of the Infinity Ingot concentrated into liquid form for the Dark Elf, Malakeith to empower by absorbing it from the essence of an earthling rather special to a particular Asgardian. When Thor returned from Earth to reunite with his girlfriend - though circumstances were not in either person's favour - it became clear something ailed the woman Thor cared about, which brought him to bring the woman to his home to get examined.

After hearing very brief things about the woman's called Jane, Gianna became overly excited to meet a Midgardian her uncle fancied. While Thor did his best to ignore her endless bickering, his father was present to oversee the anomaly residing within Jane's body as its host. It was there that Jane was given homage so to see what could be done to remove the Aether. 

Unbeknownst to anyone, a particular race was also tracking the Aether and decided to steal not only it but slay the Asgardians from within, while only Heimdall remained aware of the invasion. Distant explosions brought curiosity to the black-haired girl as she quickly fled to a balcony where she laid witness to an assault on Asgard. Though the shield that was casted to protect the castle itself, someone within was able to destroy it, allowing a singular ship to penetrate the kingdom. 

A guard approached Gianna and ordered her to follow him to her chambers, but due to the overwhelming numbers, her escort was quickly dispatched, allowing the girl to flee on her own accord. In another room, the queen protected the woman harbouring the Aether that which the purpose of the Dark Elves' pursuit laid. The leader of the Dark Elves entered the room with a benevolent presence that was most striking and yet not quite intimidating to that of the queen. 

"Stand down, creature, and you may still survive this." The queen said threateningly as she held a sword in her hand. 

"I have survived worse, woman." The intruder retorted. 

"Who are you?" 

"I am Malekith. And I would have what is mine." 

Frigga glanced over her shoulder at the girl Thor cared deeply for and made sure to stand her ground by slicing at the face of the intruder on her own. She succeeded, until a monstrous Kursed Dark Elf intervened and held her hostage while Malekith approached the brunette standing on the other side of the room. 

"You have taken something, child. Give it back." The man demanded before discovering the girl was a mere illusion, to which he was quickly filled with anger, that which he bellowed back at Frigga. "WITCH!! Where is the Aether?" 

"I'll never tell you." 

"I believe you." 

An unexpected presence drew Malekith's attention to another person in the room. Gianna stood close by, watching fearfully as her grandmother was held at sword point, her own weapon pointed at her back. 

"W-W-Wait, p-please... spare her, and I-I shall tell you where the Aether is." Gianna whispered her plea with weepy eyes and a trembling lip. 

Malekith chuckled. "Girl, you cannot possibly exchange one's life for my needs. You lie, in order to preserve her life. It is fruitless. You've lost." 

"I can give you anything, just... please, spare my grandmother." 

"Grandmother? And who might you be, little one? You have a striking resemblance to that of the Goddess of Death, and yet you lack the conviction to do what is right. Kill her." 

"Gianna, no--!" 

The blade of the sword entered Frigga's body. Her body went numb as she quickly succumbed to death and fell onto her back when a harrowing voice yelled behind Makelith, surprising him not only by the God of Thunder but also a cast of lightning that horrifically scarred half of the Elf's face. By the retreat, both Malekith and Kurse fled to their battleship, leaving death and destruction behind as King Odin laid beside his wife's corpse and stroked her cheek with his bloodied hand, smearing more of her fresh blood on her cold, pale cheek. 

A crow cawed three times, signalling that of the queen's death as Thor stood close by, consumed by guilt for allowing his mother to die while Jane stood outside the room but well in view, guilty also that she died protecting her. Word quickly broke out that the queen had fallen. Everyone in Asgard paid tribute by lighting orbs as Frigga's body was lit by a fire arrow as her body burnt before turning to that of the sparkling stars. When Loki heard of her passing, he stood in the middle of his room and relinquished his rage by playing with the lights and throwing furniture across the room.