Recovery

Two weeks later... 

Desperate. They were desperate to get their friends back and undo Thanos' handiwork that cost trillions upon trillions of lives. Even with the help of someone who possibly knew where Thanos was, they'd be going in short-handed without the means to take the whole team into outer space, especially if Thor couldn't use the Bifrost to go somewhere he'd never been to or heard of before. Thanos' location wasn't the only bit of information they were missing. It was that of the team's archer who'd gone dark and turned to murdering gangs in Japan to take his mind off of the loss his entire family. 

Every now and then, Gianna and Thor would pray to their fallen king and God of Mischief. A few days after the Snap, Asgardian refugees formed their own land called New Asgard as a place to rebuild their previously destroyed home. Darkly, Wanda refuses to speak with her wife to the point where she had turned to dark magik to create life. Never before had she sunk so low, yet never would anyone see someone so desperate need to call upon dark magik to fulfil their desires.

The evening that Tony Stark came home to get treated and refurbish after being lost in space was where the heroes would finally be relieved to know of Thanos' whereabouts thanks to his adopted daughter. Coincidentally, something else had happened magically. Life had sprung in the stomach of Gianna Maximoff. The news was made known to their team the next morning before they would discuss where to find Thanos. At a surprising rate, Gianna's stomach grew bigger and bigger every few hours while her friends journeyed to outer space to hunt the Mad Titan. This time, everyone was ready.

The Garden was the retirement plan for Thanos once he'd accomplished his mission; to watch over a 'grateful' universe. After a days worth to repair the ship, the heroes were off as Gianna remained behind on Earth as she watched her friends and soulmate leave her behind before going to hide in her room. The bad feeling that quelled within the Goddess came true. Devastation broke the woman to feel shut out as she locked herself in her room and sobbed tremendously as she caused furniture to fly across the room, dirty hand marks left behind in her rage. The pain both soulmates felt was received as Wanda became anxious and stressed to return home.

The death of Thanos barely pleased the Avengers with his last stand against the might and rage of the heroes as he had barely stood a chance when the relinquished their fury onto him. Upon their return to Earth, Wanda was first out of the ship as everyone slowly walked out. As soon as Wanda reached her room, she knocked frantically on the door for Gianna to let her in. Without any response, the sorceress forced the door open and found the room lit brightly with Gianna looking ever so pleased and delighted to see her wife return.

"My darling. How did it go? Did you get the Stones from him?" Gianna spoke sweetly and smiled at her wife. 

Wanda was curious as to how pleasantly calm she was. Precariously, the brunette wandered into the room, closing the door behind her as she closely examined her wife closely for any irregularities. 

"Gia? Draga, why are you doing this?" Wanda spoke softly. 

"Doing what?" 

"This isn't you. Show me the real you." 

The smile instantly dropped from her mouth. Bowing her head, Gianna closed the illusion and exposed her true self to the brunette. The room became dimly lit as the darkness concealed how Gianna Maximoff truly appeared. Wanda turned on a light switch and found herself facing the distraught version of her wife leaning against the wall on the floor with her hair in a mess. 

"Oh my God." Wanda muttered and raised one hand to her mouth.

"What, surprised?" Gianna spoke lazily as she half-stared at her wife.

"Oh, baby..."

"It's my fault. I couldn't stop him. I should have. It should have been me."

"No. Don't say that."

"Don't bullshit me, Wanda. I know the truth. You can't save them. They're not coming back. Ever. And you think this offspring of ours will accomplish the emptiness we both feel? No. Not as much as you may think. We might find a new happiness, but we will always remember what we wish we could forget. We can only move on. It's like this was inevitable. Like fate had a very cruel way of saying, 'now you must suffer the consequences of being righteousness.' "

Taking a place in the lap of her wife, Wanda cupped her cheeks and embraced their lips together. Their lips brushed together as their breath warmed their chins. It took them both a full two minutes before Wanda helped her soulmate clean up and attend her appearance better. The dullness invoked the black-haired woman to take her wife out and explore a cold, quiet, New York City. Fog hit the city as dawn approached, where many ships began to sail into port. Everything was going to hell. Everyone had seen better dark days than this, but this time everyone was sure things would never be the same.

The bar the two women visited during the early days of their relationship came as less of a delight than normal since the patrons in the bar were absent due to the Snap, leaving only the two Avengers, the bartender and a few other patrons who drank their sorrows away. Only time would tell when things would change for the better. While Tony recovered with the help of his fiancé, he made a speedy recovery before retiring to settle down in a cabin by a lake where they would raise their daughter, as well as Wanda and Gianna, their daughter.