Where Did They Go?

"Unacceptable. How, you could allow an invasion to succeed, where countless lives were lost in the process - helicopters and planes crashing, people turning to dust? What. Happened?" Secretary Ross spoke grouchily as he eyed Steve and Wanda in particular due to his despisal of the two heroes.

"We got played, Mr Secretary. And we got played good. Thanos knew exactly how to defeat us. He was after Infinity Stones and he just... snapped his fingers and opened a portal and left." Steve answered grimly.

"Thanos?"

"Yeah. Thanos. Big purple guy with a nutsack for a face with magic rocks on his magic glove." Rhodey replied sarcastically.

"He killed an important member of the team to collect the last Stone." Natasha added.

"And he killed my son." Wanda muttered grimly.

Ross hadn't given a single kind regard to the brunette. He still harboured a grudge against the young mother. He disliked everyone despite everything they'd done to save their planet. Even Bruce had the toughest time getting out of Ross' bad side due to their history together.

"Do you know where this... Thanos, is? Has he been taken to Asgard to face trial there instead of the crimes he's committed here?" Ross spoke harshly.

As soon as Asgard was mentioned, Gianna became emotional while Thor appeared all the more depressed. Nobody had yet known what happened, it was only clear through Gianna's expression that something bad had happened to her home. Producing a remote, Secretary Ross showed the heroes recently accessible footage of people turning to dust: cars crashing and planes and helicopters crashing, people screaming and clamouring in fear of the unexplainable event taking place a few hours ago across the globe.

As if to lay more guilt as a method to make the heroes realise the consequences of their actions to prevent further problems for himself and the governments, Secretary Ross allowed the heroes to watch closely the people that vanished to ashes as a census was produced in the top right-hand corner of the screen, numbers growing higher and higher above sixty-thousand missing peoples. Closing the footage, Ross continued to harass the heroes over the result of the Snap.

"Find him. Find Thanos. Make. Him. Pay. Find out where he's hiding and undo everything he's done. Understood?" Ross said strictly.

Secretary Ross stormed off, leaving the heroes without any questions that needed answered. Without Tony, they were seriously lacking in any form of searching for Thanos. Only Steve and Natasha remained seated while the others took their leave, Thor in particular who rushed out of the room to find himself some snacks while Wanda and Gianna returned to their room and hid in there and thought of ways how they could repeat the unexplainable magical process of impregnation and birth a second child. All the Avengers could do in the meantime was accumulate the full census of Earth's casualties while their extra terrestrial guest, Rocket Raccoon, assisted in providing further reconnaissance on a universal scale.

With all the ancient books and magical teachings both women had an extend of knowing, they still could not formulate any possibilities where they could replicate the process a second time. The stress that built up within Wanda caused her to lose the ability to think straight as the recent loss of her son still haunted her. Unknowingly, the emotional rise caused Wanda to cast a spell without her even suspecting. There was nothing much the Scarlet Witch could do in regards to tracking down her son's killer. No dark magik could allow the sorceress to discover the location where Thanos hid. Only one person was capable of giving away Thanos' location, and they all had to wait another twenty-one days before it would happen.