Chapter 2

Isolophilia Odessa's POV

I woke to feeling the rough ground beneath me, I sat up and got a swift scent of stench that radiated off of me. Immediately after I rushed to the shower. I had started my morning with boiling water, it made my skin glow red and a sensation of pain coursed my veins as droplets trickled down my skin that was littered with scars. After about 10 minutes I switched to ice cold water, what can I say I had to get my Shoto Todoroki on. When I concluded I did the rest of the things a normal teen witch is supposed to, summon a dementor, walk forbidden grounds, and put spiders in Rons slippers.

I would like to point out that the little incident 2 weeks ago with Profesor umbitch was well how do I put this a little out of character for me, but I mean can you really blame me?

Anyways I did end up serving detention for 2 hours, a highlight of my life really.

On the plus side I have become a ghost no one hears me or sees me and that's of course how I expected things to be. You're probably wondering how I expected to remain invisible after my little stunt, and again it was completely unintentional, I clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Anyways after about a day no one really cared, in fact nobody even spoke of it.

I was in the Gryffindor common room reading a book I borrowed from the library. I was so lost among the pages, It's hard to believe that there could ever be a world as such that lies beyond these pages.

It was around 11 o'clock in the morning, I had a small break before my next class. I closed my book and took my gaze to around the room meeting a bright orange light as I stared into the burning fire I felt the sudden need to reach out and come in contact with the flames, though there is pain in the fire you can always find the beauty among the ashes, right before I could I felt two boys jump from behind the couch and land one on each side of me.

"Why so gloomy?" one boy asked as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Stop it, you're making her uncomfortable." a familiar female voice said it was Hermione.

"It was completely intentional."

I was kind of surprised at the sudden interaction I was having, if I'm being honest I haven't talked to anyone besides the professors since my encounter with Hermione on the first day, before anyone comes into the dormitories I'm fast asleep and before they wake up I'm as far as gone.

"Can I help you two, or are you going to keep observing me like I'm some object."as I say this I feel anger rising inside of me but before I do something impulsive I stand up.

"So she can speak." I glared at the boy and saw him tremble.

"Look I'm sorry." the boy that was on my right said.

"Yeah lets start over I'm Fred."

"And I'm George." he says with a very seductive smirk, I have to admit I'm very intrigued with what these two have to offer.

Before I put too much thought into it Hermione cuts in. "Odessa you should come with us to the quidditch practice tonight."

"Yeah come on Odessa." Fred says.

"It's Isolophilia to you, you must earn the ability to use that name for your convenience of pronunciation." I state confidently, but I assume by the look the twins gave me I came off well a little too much granger.

I eavesdrop.

"Ok...so uhh Isolophilia will you go watch our quidditch practice?" George asks

"I- I think I should stud-"

"Oh come on Odessa, I haven't talked with you since the first day all you do is study, sleep, and on the rare occasion i'll see you wondering The Great Hall, you don't socialize so do yourself the favor of coming with me and watch the team, it will be fun!" Hermione said in a determined tone.