Ch 1- Welcome home

This fan-fiction was my first fanfic I've ever made. I've been re reading it and I am so embarrassed. Im happy to say I think my writing has very much improved. I will not be re writing this so if you continue don't hate to hard haha.

"The end." I said, finishing the last chapter of my book.

As I placed the object onto my lap I turned my head towards the window and gazed at my surroundings. Gloomy is what I would call today not sunny nor rainy.

Sitting on a seat in the train cart, staring into oblivion, I couldn't help shake the feeling of this being a bad idea, I mean it is right?

'Of course it is.'

This may be a surprise to most but this is my first time attending a school for witchcraft and wizardry. It's kind of a long story but short story short I did what I had to do to protect the people around me. At least that's what I told myself. Totally cliche right ?

For why after all this time I've decided to enroll at Hogwarts and what I'm supposed to do well I generally don't know. To be completely honest I don't believe I ever will.

But let's just for a moment pretend I have my life together and say I've just been craving a new scenery.

Oh right I suppose I should introduce myself.

My name is Isolophilia Odessa riddle. I come from a long line of villains in your stories, the daughter of a dark wizard whose only intention was to force his evil philosophy upon the wizarding community. Let's just say the expectations placed on me are high, from quite literally everyone I may add. My story that well your reading is somewhat interesting, I mean not in my eyes, to me I'm just a crazy depressed basket case with a lot and I mean a lot of baggage, but I suppose people love that trope.

———

It was dark outside. I had noticed the only light source was from the moonlight that would radiate through the window. The lights that had lit up the hallway flickered with the sudden draft. I decided I would get up and stretch my legs.

I wrapped myself with my warm embrace as I made my way through the dark hallway. The temperature of the carts had decreased rapidly to the point I could see my breath.

'Strange.'

I heard light whispering coming from the cart ahead of me, The voice was raspy and cold speaking to what sounded like a young boy I couldn't make out exactly what was being said.

"Surely you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy muggle fathers name? I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world" at those worlds my eyes widen and I let out a gasp, bumping into the wall catching the attention of the members of that cart.

"I am Lord Voldemort!"

I gasped as I jumped out of my seat. I felt the train come to a stop, the conductor announcing our arrival. I wiped cold sweat off my face and calmed the slight panic I had rushing through my body before continuing to the exit off the train. It was quite crowded, students of all age groups rushing in one direction.

"Welcome to Hogwarts!"

———

During the sorting I had somehow convinced the hat to put me in any other house besides Slytherin. It went on to say it was destined and I would achieve great things, though I don't doubt that, if I was to be put in Slytherin my fathers memories and dishonor would disrupt my studdies.

Entering the common room I noticed many faces. Two of which were bickering over something Involved with the ministry, but I can say this right now I will not be getting involved with ministry affairs. The ministry is cruel and only acts upon things if it involves their own self gain. It disgusts me really.