Perfect Timing

**Haleigh's POV**

So it turns out, these One Direction guys are that boy band that Caitlyn ALWAYS talks about. They're British, except the blonde guy. He's Irish. I listened to a couple of their songs, then turned it off. I'll get enough of that at the concert. They aren't bad, I just don't tend to like things that a lot of people obsess and go crazy over.

I close my laptop and turn back to my sketch pad. There's something about the blank pages that gives me the desire to fill them with sketches and paintings. I look at my finished drawing of my dog and I rip it out and pin it to my wall. Another one to the collection. My wall is filled with all my pieces of art. This has been my dream room since I was a little girl. I told my parents it was either this, or I splatter paint all over the wall and they weren't going to have that.

My phone vibrates, breaking me from my trance focused on my newest completion. I unlock it to see a message from Caitlyn.

FROM: CAITLYN!

Just an FYI, the concert is tomorrow! Be over at my house at 3:00 to get ready! It starts at 7!

FROM: HALEIGH :)

Okie dokie!

I set my phone on the desk beside my bed and fall back into the soft covers. I drift off into a deep sleep. I'm going to need this sleep. The concert is tomorrow, and I know Caitlyn will be going crazy over it.

I wake up to see the sunlight peeking through my blinds. I open them to reveal a bright and sunny day. There's something about the sunshine that wakes me up quickly! Perfect day to go out and draw. I throw on some shorts, and I get my mom to drive me to the soccer fields. I find a comfy looking spot and plop down on the grass. I look over the grass with the sprouting daffodils and the sun that is high in the sky. I get lost in the drawing.

My phone vibrates.

FROM: CAITLYN!

Where are you?! You were supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago!

FROM: HALEIGH :)

Sorry! I lost track of time. I'll be there in a few.

I text my mom to come get me. I get back home and run in and freshen up before going over to Caitlyn's house.

**Caitlyn's POV**

Where is she?! She is taking forever! I'm already ready! I'm wearing a dress. It's black with some fringe at the bottom. It stops a little above my knees, and it's strapless. I have on a small black and silver heart shaped necklace and the ring my dad gave me. I don't have much makeup on just some liquid black eyeliner on my top lid and pencil under my eye. Juan told me it makes my eyes pop. I have on silver eyeshadow, mascara, and light pink lip goss. My hair is straight, and hopefully, it stays that way. It never wants to be straight. I slip on my black Converse. I don't wear heels not even for One Direction.

Haleigh walks in the front door without knocking, like she usually does. She is carrying jeans.

"Haleigh, where's your dress?"

"Dress? This is a concert. I'm pretty sure I would fall out of a dress from all the dancing."

"We need to look nice! We are meeting them!"

"Fine." She walks back out the door and a couple minutes later, walks in with a dress on. It is white with pink flowers spread across it. It stops mid-thigh to show off her long legs and it's sleeveless. There is a blue bow around the waist to bring it in and display her curves. She paired it with brown wedges and a couple of rings. Her hair was back in a ponytail.

"Are you gonna do your hair and makeup?"

"Nah. I'm fine."

I look at the clock. It's 4:30. We still have an hour until we leave. I can hopefully do her makeup before then. "Come on." I take her hand and lead her upstairs to my room. I apply some liquid brown eyeliner to her top lid and pencil eyeliner to her bottom lid. I put some pink eyeshadow on the crease of her eye and put on some mascara to expose her long lashes. I rub some blush on her cheeks to boast her cheek bones. I don't do much with her lips since they are already puckered. I just add some pink lip gloss. Her face is finished. Now on to her hair. It's naturally straight, but it's a bit poofy. I straighten it, and it's stick straight. "There." I turn her around to look in the mirror. Her eyes widen. "What?"

"I look different!"

"Is that a good thing?"

"I guess. These boys must be very special!" We laugh and hug. I look at my phone. 5:25. Perfect timing. I throw the tickets in my purse, and we head out the door. Next stop, the One Direction concert!

click external link for outfit