Chapter Eleven

This has reached #487 in Romance and I'm so happy lolol! Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments everyone! Also I took a look at the demographics as one does and I saw that around 79% of you guys are from the US & Canada which is awesome! Someone did ask me where 'XO' is set cos they thought it was in the states but weren't sure (it's set in the UK) so I was just curious. Last thing as well, shoutout to all my readers from my home country Angola! Was happy to see that too :)

Chapter Eleven

   Aaliyah was mad at me. Well, not really…she was mad at my decision. In her eyes, Dane was a waste of time and that his reason was “bullshit”. We were in the girls’ toilets and Aaliyah was gelling down her wispy baby hairs in the mirror and tying up her long box braids in a half up half down hairstyle that suited her face very much.

   “Why do you like him so much?” She asked with her eyebrows furrowed together. I don’t know if they were like that because she was angry or because she was trying to concentrate on brushing her baby hairs properly. Either way, she was scaring me…she kinda had that effect on people.

   “I don’t know…I can talk to him, he understands me and he’s funny and nice and flirty…Aaliyah it was true what he said, he nearly cried for fucks sake.” I explained. “And he got jealous of me.”

   “Well obviously if he followed you home, that’s a bit of a psycho thing to do Alex, leave him man!” She said finally turning to face me. I sighed.

   “He’s not a psycho Aaliyah…but no, he was saying I took everyone’s compliments like I did his.” I said grinning. “He’s obviously got to really like me if he said that…I can’t believe he’s my boyfriend now.”

   “Sounds possessive already if you ask me.” Aaliyah said deprecatingly. “What? He doesn’t want people to compliment you?”

   “Oh my God not like that! He explained after, he was all like it made him feel as if he had lost me, because he said that it seemed that I had forgotten all about him.” I said failing to hide my grin of satisfaction. I couldn’t even lie to myself, when he said that I felt special. It was a weird type of special but nonetheless special.

   “Lost you? He never had you before now Alex and what? Did he expect you to be sad all day? Wow! A possessive, psycho, egoistic, bastard, I can’t believe that you fucking said yes myself to be honest.” She said smoothing down a bit of my own hair which was in my signature afro-puff today. I groaned; everything Dane did was negative to her. Aaliyah raised her eyebrow at me and I decided to change the subject, obviously Dane wasn’t something Aaliyah wanted to talk about so I asked her about Tre instead but that was even worse because they had argued and she decided that my hair looked too messy. This meant that while she was explaining what had happened, she was vigorously yanking at my hair with her little black pocket comb and hard bristle brush. Of course, I had to let her, even if it meant losing a handful of hair.

   According to Aaliyah, he was talking to his ex and liking her pictures on Instagram which pissed her off. He said that they were just friends now and that the relationship he had had with his ex was nothing compared to what he had with Aaliyah but obviously she wasn’t hearing that and that got him mad. I tried to reason with her; I knew Aaliyah could have a hot temper at times so maybe she was overreacting but that didn’t work. On top of being hot tempered, she was stubborn. To her, she had done nothing wrong, accusing him of cheating with little to no evidence was right in her eyes.

   After she had finished fixing my hair we went out to P.E. meaning that one; Aaliyah had wasted her time doing my hair and two; I could’ve saved the hair she yanked out in the process. Sighing, I walked into the changing room and began to get changed from my uniform into my P.E. kit. I quite liked P.E., granted I wasn’t an overly sporty person but I was good enough to make a few of the school teams and to be chosen more or less fourth or fifth when picking teams.