[PART I - FINAL] Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

   "No Dane." I whispered pulling away from his embrace. Dane sighed then tried to take hold of my hand but I pulled it away from him and brought it to my chest. "I can't, Dane no."

   Dane narrowed his eyes slightly then turned around. For a moment my heart began to race, was he really going to just leave like that? Luckily for my heart, he didn't. He simply shut the door and asked if we could talk upstairs. I wanted to decline, I really did but I didn't. I let him into my room and we both sat down on my bed. He didn't say anything and I started to get angry. Was he going to explain anything or not?!

   "Things have been so crazy for these past few weeks." He said finally, staring at the floor.

   "I'm aware." I replied sounding much colder than expected. "Your brother told me."

   Dane looked up at me with glassy green eyes. "He's an idiot."

   I scoffed. "You must think I'm an idiot too then Dane."

   "Of course not." He said placing his hand on my knee. I slapped his hand away and he quickly removed his hand. I felt bad after that. He was so surprised that I did it and if I'm honest, I was surprised at myself but his touch was irritating me. "Alexandria..."

   "Dane no!" I shouted. "No! I'm not a fucking idiot! Just admit it, you don't like me anymore! Just fucking say it!"

   "That's not true!"

   "Yeah so your brother just made up all of that stuff on his own yeah? You told him you were in the happiest relationship ever and he just made all that up?!"

   "Can we just stop talking about him?! That's not what I fucking came here for!" He snapped.

   "I don't fucking care what you came here for Dane! I'm not putting up with you anymore okay?! That's it Dane, I don't care anymore get the hell out of my house we're through! What the hell do you take me for? What? When you wanna have a nice little conversation and talk smart you wanna come to me but when you want to have some real fun you fucking go to Serena and when you just can't be arsed to talk you lock me out?! Fuck you Dane! I don't care anymore! Fuck you!" I shouted, standing up. Dane closed his eyes then took a deep breath and just stared at my white rug.

   "Sit down Alexandria." He said in a low tone. I scoffed again.

   "Fuck you."

   "Don't be stubborn Alexandria, I know you want to talk, you wouldn't have let me in if you didn't so just stop with all this, we don't need this right now...I don't need this right now."

   "So I'm expected to just listen to everything you say now? When Dane doesn't want a relationship for a while we don't talk but now that he does we're talking again? What are you even going to say Dane? Is it going to be like that date when you told me you had a breakdown and got me all soppy? Fuck that Dane, fuck this and fuck you, I'm outta it I've had enough and you know what my Dad was right; all you proved to be for the last few weeks is a fucking distraction." I hissed. Dane stood up then rubbed his head. I was being harsh, I know I was being harsh but I couldn't help it. He hurt me, he really did and I just had to let all my feelings out one way or another.