Chapter Sixteen

Enjoy Chapter Sixteen!

Chapter Sixteen

   “Dad!” I squealed as soon as I spotted him in the airport. He turned his head around from Amelie and beamed at me, opening his arms wide as I rushed over to him. As soon as I reched him, he hugged me tight and kissed my forehead.

   “Oh God Alex, I’ve missed you so much.” He said to me, refusing to let go. I had missed him terribly too. It was hard living away from my Dad. When he and my mother lived together we were practically inseparable, he was my first best friend and I loved him dearly.

   “I’ve missed you too Dad.” I said finally letting go of him.

   “And what about me Uncle?” Jennifer asked with her hands on her hips. Jennifer was the one who had driven me to the airport; she was spending Christmas with us this year because she really couldn’t be bothered to keep up with all the Christmas parties and nights clubbing her friends were planning on doing, plus Jennifer was related to me on my Dad’s side. She was my Dad’s sister’s daughter, my cousin.

   Dad chuckled them embraced Jennifer in a warm hug while I waved at Amelie who was clung onto her mother’s hand, holding a soft grey rabbit with her other hand. She had had that rabbit since she was exactly eight months old, I knew because I was the one who gave it to her. Not that she remembered anyways, she just stared at me with her wide brown eyes then shoved her face into Cassandra’s leg. Cassandra sighed then gave me a small smile.

   “How are you Alexandria?” She asked boring her eyes into the oversized Arctic Monkey’s hoodie I was wearing, obviously judging my taste in music and clothes.

Don’t call me Alexandria you cow.

   “I’m fine.” I replied staring at her with a fake smile plastered onto my face.

   “Merveilleux.” She said dryly not meaning the word.

    "Et toi Amelie? Ça va?" I asked Amelie. She nodded shyly at me, replying politely with “bon”. I nodded myself then turned back to my Dad who was ready to start moving. Not much after we arrived at the apartment that Dad had rented out for Christmas. It was a beautiful modern apartment with a white/wooden theme all around the house. I knew Dad didn’t pick it out; he was a simple man, the only person who would want to rent out such a nice place for a week and a half of holiday would be Cassandra but I guess it was a good thing. I mean the lighting was pretty good so I was probably going to able to take some nice selfies for Instagram.

    My Dad and I had a long catch up session. He asked me on everything he could about school and because I knew he’d want to see it, I even showed him my report that I had gotten just before we broke up for Christmas. That’s where things began to get a little bit sticky. My report was good, this time I had gotten straight As however the teacher comments were not just the usual “Alexandria is an excellent” or “outstanding” and not even the slightly negative; “Alexandria although good should be careful with how much she talks to her friends”. They were a bit more specific this time.

“Being set an A, Alexandria is very much on target but can do better. Her work ethic –although strong- seems to have slightly dwindled due to a new distraction, normal for her age so I am not overly concerned.” –Ms Jay

“Work is good as usual however, Alexandria needs to make sure she prioritises school over relationships.” –Mr Carter.

   It sounded bad, I know it did but it wasn’t my fault. The teacher’s always had their eye on me in a special way; I was the student who according to them was meant to come out with one of the highest grades in the year. I knew that maybe I did talk with Dane a lot but I couldn’t help it and nor could he! Most of the time it wasn’t even that bad because we did discuss the work a lot especially in History but I guess to the teachers with me giggling and being embarrassed most of the time it just looked like silly teenage flirting. I knew they were starting to get annoyed but I didn’t expect them to put it on my report! That must’ve been what gave it away to my mother! How could I have been so stupid as to not realise? Gosh…