Chapter Five

Was so pleasantly surpriseded with all the votes & comments thank you so much guys!! Enjoy Chapter Five

   “You’re doing what?!” Aaliyah screeched with her light brown eyes wide open at me. I rolled my own eye at her then sighed. I had just told her about going to Dane’s house to study and her reaction was nothing short of what I had expected. Aaliyah continued to ask me questions, giving me little to no time to reply to all of them.

   “You better make sure Serena doesn’t find out she’s all over that sideman.” Aaliyah ranted down my ear. I scoffed at her.

   “What are you calling him a sideman for? And Serena doesn’t own him and they’re not even going out, if she starts to feel some type of way that’s her problem not mine.” I replied defensively.

   “He is a sideman; you should’ve seen him in English, the man was there using some long as words nobody could understand just so miss would like him.” Aaliyah protested scrunching up her face. I stared at her confused. Aaliyah was great but sometimes she could be a bit ignorant. So what if he was using long words, it wasn’t his fault if his vocabulary was so advanced.

Wait – why was I sticking up for him so much?

  “Why do you suddenly hate him Aaliyah? You were fine with him just before break.” I asked watching our teacher at the front at the classroom who liked like he was going to come over to check our work for a second.

   “If I’m completely honest Lex, I don’t know, I just get like this weird vibe from him…like after break he was asking me if I was friends with you and when I was like yeah he had this weird fucking look on his face and I don’t know what the fuck it meant but I didn’t it or him and now I hear he’s asking you to go to his house? That’s dodgy.” Aaliyah explained. I stared at her for a second.

   “What do you mean ‘weird look’?” I asked skeptically. What the hell was going through Dane’s head? Why the hell was he asking Aaliyah that?

   “I don’t even know; I mean I could be exaggerating but when we were in English miss asked a question and I got it wrong and I glanced over at him and he had some weird smirk on his face and then when he asked me that he had like a surprised reaction like he wasn’t expecting you to be my friend.” She explained staring into my eyes. I thought about it all carefully. I knew Aaliyah could be one to exaggerate but I also knew that she was not someone to just hate on someone for no reason. If Dane really was acting in that way to her then I could understand her anger but if not then I really needed more explaining.

   “I’m sure it’s not anything.” I said after a few moments of thought. “We don’t really know him properly, he could just be expressing himself in different ways to what we’re used to.” I continued explaining.

  “You’re so fucking whipped over him Lex.” Aaliyah muttered. “He’s not even anything special; don’t fucking do anything when you go to his house, do the work then get the fuck out.” She continued with a light smile on her face.

   “Aaliyah.” I said sighing. “You know I’m not like that…plus he doesn’t wanna do anything like that.” I explained trying to justify myself to her. Aaliyah gave a sarcastic nod then began talking to me about something else but no matter how hard I tried to stay focused in what she was saying I could not take my mind off if what she had said. From what she told me; Dane was starting to sound cocky and snobbish. So what if she answered something wrong? It gave him no right to smirk or more specifically judge her in any way, and why was he trying to find out who all my friends were?

Maybe he was trying to get to know you. Maybe he was a smartass snob

   “Focus girls.” Our teacher said to us. Aaliyah rolled her eye and I bowed my head pretending to do some work.